Orbiter Screenshot Thread

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Revisited the World of 2001 today. I flew a Mars/cargo/HerculesIc mission, with a little twist. I loaded all 11 attachment points with a Landmod and a box cargo (6 BoxMaersk, 5 TankAL2), with the intention to fling them to Mars, return the Hercules back to StationV and then go and land them all near Port Lowell.

The problem was that the darn thing was so heavy, that it took 11 Perigee kicks to be able to leave Earth. Here is how it looks like when you combine all the burns:

A close up of the first 9 burns
PerigeeKicks1-1.jpg

All of them.
PerigeeKicks2.jpg

:cheers:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Meeting at Tranquillity.
20111126232951000.jpg

Soviets sadly didn't make it... Lithobraking near Theon Junior crater...

Furet

Reaction score
Welcome to The Comet Rest. :welcome: :bananadance:
This station can accomodate up to 9 crew members and 20 lucky space tourists. It's orbiting at altitude of 1000km, 45° Inc.

TCR01.JPG TCR02.JPG TCR03.JPG TCR04.JPG TCR05.JPG TCR06.JPG TCR07.JPG

I enjoyed a lot to design and draw the station, and of course to plan and fly all the missions to build it. I have to send my warmest thanks to Martin Schweiger and all addons developers for all the fun and knowledge they offered to me. :cheers: :thankyou:

The next step for me is to learn how to escape the Earth SOI and to realise some exploration missions to the Moon first, then to Mars and farther... :coffee:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Orbiter is dying, huh ?

Excellent job. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ark

Reaction score
This station can accomodate up to 9 crew members and 20 lucky space tourists. It's orbiting at altitude of 1000km, 45° Inc.

I enjoyed a lot to design and draw the station, and of course to plan and fly all the missions to build it. I have to send my warmest thanks to Martin Schweiger and all addons developers for all the fun and knowledge they offered to me. :cheers: :thankyou:

The next step for me is to learn how to escape the Earth SOI and to realise some exploration missions to the Moon first, then to Mars and farther... :coffee:

What are those cylindrical modules with the black stripe?

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That's [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5247"]TransHab[/ame]. But what is that thing with the huge windows that looks like an UFO?

Ark

Reaction score
I think it comes with the Ariane 6 addon.

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
after7years.jpg

I just spent seven sim years in this crate after a borked TMI burn left me an extended manned duration mission at an apogee of 66 million miles (6 million miles outside Earth's orbit, and 60 million miles 'downrange') and too little fuel to reverse the burn was concluded.

44,000 miles to go.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You've got the Soviet way of reporting mission failures :lol:

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
11_11_27_13-23-56_IapetusOrbiter.jpg

Approaching Saturn

11_11_27_13-24-09_IapetusOrbiter.jpg

Pointing camera to Saturn

11_11_27_14-56-02_IapetusOrbiter.jpg

Above the dark side of Iapetus, ready for Orbit Insertion

11_11_27_15-06-48_IapetusOrbiter.jpg

IPO is in orbit of Iapetus with its dish pointing to Earth to tell the good news!

Last edited:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Been a while since I peeked in here or contributed anything, so here is my latest for you guys. From my Solar System Today scenario:

Phobos Sunrise - Dec. 4, 2011

phobos-sunrise.jpg

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score

View attachment 8803 View attachment 8804 View attachment 8805 View attachment 8806 View attachment 8807 View attachment 8808 View attachment 8809

Did you use some of Greg's Space Station Building Blocks for this? Easily one of my favorite add-ons of all time. :)

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Now that Apollo 19 is in orbit, we need to launch the Lunar Module, this is not an Apollo Lunar Module, but rather a new one, specifically designed for this mission.

Titan IVA ready to launch with the LEKM:
picture.php

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Now that Apollo 19 is in orbit, we need to launch the Lunar Module, this is not an Apollo Lunar Module, but rather a new one, specifically designed for this mission.

Titan IVA ready to launch with the LEKM:
picture.php

When is the launch? I wanna see it! :)