Orbiter Screenshot Thread

Athena

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Reaction score
It's DEWS Keilicaisto from [ame=http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5334]United Systems Fleet[/ame]

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
picture.php

Black Dart Revival Project, second day: Making it run again, using Orbiter_NG and DirectX 9

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
(I usually create this bases when I need a runway for a bad reentry)

Ahah so when you miss a reentry, you create a base where you fall just to make a good landing ? :lol:

You're the Chosen One in the Matrix :p

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
It's one of our stops, actually... :hide:
Don't worry, I've had to deal with Star Children before. They're actually quite crony-ish--you can easily bribe them with shiny planets *cough* I mean rocks. Don't try giving them dominoes though. They find that insulting;)

---------- Post added 05-24-13 at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-23-13 at 09:13 PM ----------

Night loading operations in preparation for Chronus 9
picture.php

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I didn't find out about Orbiter until right after Orbiter 2010 came out. I was interested in seeing what the program use to look like, so I downloaded the oldest version I could find from OrbitHangar and gave it a go. It's so ghetto looking! :)

But I managed to rendezvous on my first try:

I'm going to have to dig into the manual to figure out how to dock though. (There aren't any buttons on the MFD's and I can't seem to find the keyboard shortcut for changing to a docking port.)

-----EDIT-----

I figured out how to dock. You have to press CTRL+D to request docking clearance. :) Once you get clearance, Dock MFD automatically changes to the docking port.

Steady... easy does it.

And docked. gg

Last edited:

sorindafabico

Reaction score
Some pics of Chronus 9:

picture.php

Lovely retrograde sunset with the Pleiades.

picture.php

In orbit waiting to catch Odyssey.

picture.php

Bay doors open.

picture.php

Odyssey in sight.

picture.php

Approach.

picture.php

Another angle.

picture.php

Station-keeping! Ready for cargo and crew transfer.

picture.php

Indy's EVA.

The rest of the operation was too tense for taking pictures...We had a tight timeframe.

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The Altair under construction at the Shipyards Orbiting Upsilon Andromedae D-I. (really wish there was an actual name for it). The vessel will be used for a flyby and return of UPS D-II.

And launch!

Aerobrake is a resized version of Izacks aeroshield down to a 27 m. I just couldnt come up with a way to elegantly attach enough fuel tanks for the 11000 m/s round trip, so I'll have to aerocapture the return phase. 8500 m/s isnt bad for using Nervas though. :)

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Random Separation Shot:

xr3-hclv.jpg

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Beautiful!

Thanks. Unfortunatelly I'm still waiting for HDD circuit boards to resume work on XR3 (hoping they'll work). All I have now is 50% of mesh and no crew meshes at all. :/

Worst case scenario - new crew meshes and getting the mesh done from mesh I've sent to Woo few months ago (seen in picture).

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Constitution towed to KSC SLF for PRIOPS checkout.
Monday, 12 April 2021 01:32:15 CDT.

const_at_KSC.jpg

Orbiter Vehicle Constitution has arrived at the Kennedy Space Center's Shuttle Landing Facility, Runway 33, in order to run the first of twelve major systems checkups prior to her re-certification into active flight status. She was towed the short distance from Orbiter Processing Facility #4 after a brief ceremony.

The orbiter, having completed a ten month Orbiter Maintenance Down Period (OMDP) following the successful completion of SEP-010, has been the subject of intense scrutiny and review. The entire spaceframe had been disassembled completely and inspected in detail, and the reconstruction of the vessel lasted two months beginning in January of this year.

To date, no plans for flying Constitution have been announced. Enterprise remains grounded at Edwards Air Force Base pursuant to her own ongoing OMDP.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Constitution towed to KSC SLF for PRIOPS checkout.
Monday, 12 April 2021 01:32:15 CDT.

View attachment 11776

Orbiter Vehicle Constitution has arrived at the Kennedy Space Center's Shuttle Landing Facility, Runway 33, in order to run the first of twelve major systems checkups prior to her re-certification into active flight status. She was towed the short distance from Orbiter Processing Facility #4 after a brief ceremony.

The orbiter, having completed a ten month Orbiter Maintenance Down Period (OMDP) following the successful completion of SEP-010, has been the subject of intense scrutiny and review. The entire spaceframe had been disassembled completely and inspected in detail, and the reconstruction of the vessel lasted two months beginning in January of this year.

To date, no plans for flying Constitution have been announced. Enterprise remains grounded at Edwards Air Force Base pursuant to her own ongoing OMDP.

God I love me some good old SEP-Constitution pr0n. :D

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Shenzhou 10 on final approach to docking - coming up in 10 days from now!

2013-05-31%2013_59_00-Greenshot.jpg