Orbiter Screenshot Thread

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Shame about that reverse lighting on the Concorde, we never did find a way to get it right.

It's a simple normal issue with the mesh yes?

Should be easy enough to fix.

Kendo

Reaction score
If I remember right, it wasn,t that simple.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
New security hired by CSSC directors board.

proto-guard.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

along with new rover designer:

tank01.jpg

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Syracuse Station 100% complete.
Syracuse_100_percent_complete.jpg

"Mission planning" for this was a bear! I still don't have the scenarios the way that I want them, but the station turned out "more-or-less" the way I'd wanted it. I added an extra solaris module because I figured the power requirements for the "factory" would mandate more power.

Hey, I can recognise that docked capsule (the biggest one! :lol:)

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
How did you get the Dawn of War assets into orbiter?

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
How did you get the Dawn of War assets into orbiter?

3D Ripper DX is a software which can grab directX calls (rendered scene) from GPU memory. Although not very reliable (sometimes can produce strange results and models aren't imported properly) I succesfully imported models from DOW, Fallout3 (Bomb from Megaton) and few other games.

It has 3ds max import plugin so I edit models and it saves ripped textures as .dds files. Usually as multimple materials so you can dig through all rendered scene in search for proper texture and re-aply materials as standard, single texture ones.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
All the Babylon 5 vessels being released lately have inspired me to start digging up some old projects.

Earthforce Alliance Forklift Fury/Maintfury.
picture.php

Whipped up a couple extra lines in the ini for grappling cargo/items. Here she is in the main hangar of the EAS Cortez grappling a SSBB module:
picture.php

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Earthforce Alliance Forklift Fury/Maintfury.

I was thinking about making similar little tug based on Fury cocpit. Thanks for saving me work :D

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I was thinking about making similar little tug based on Fury cocpit. Thanks for saving me work :D

Don't thank me, thank the Earth Alliance (and Michael J. Straczynski), and of course Brendan Lambe at Celestia Motherlode for the original 3DS model.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfury#The_forklift
B5FuryFork.jpg

Also, with the Maintfury having 'feet,' it further inspires me to make a change I've been considering for the Cortez. Namely, instead of the nosecone-style 'docking' required for vessels in the bay, place the docking ports on the floor of the vessel and suggest additional dock parameters for different vessels to 'land' in the bay.

Now, if I can just find a few extra hours each day....

EDIT** Nice way to spend a lunch break - adding animation to the MaintFury grappling claws. One down, one to go:
picture.php

More animation and attachment point testing. Here 'grappling' two different UCGO containers.
picture.php

Currently mocking up as an SC3 vessel. Right now, animations aren't tied to the grappling at all. These aren't using SC3 ROBOTIC_ARM functionality, just standard SC3 attachment point management.

Anyone know if it's even possible for an SC3 vessel to have more than one ROBOTIC_ARM defined?

Last edited:

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Raven

The XR-2 "Raven" has successfully docked for the first time! The XR-2 status is now in service.

bwFW6oB.png

:tiphat:

Jamie