Orbiter Screenshot Thread

T1234

Reaction score
Made Despina and Proteus,they are high poly at 100,000!.Not slowing fps though.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was wondering how this looked. I'm trying to make an exotic desert planet based off Darwin IV.
picture.php

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Craftsmanship looks great, as for the planet design, I'm not sure how there could be such a huge polar icecap bordering immediately on a desert. But I'm not having enough data about the planet, as it doesn't neccessarily have to be water ice, and the atmosphere density would play a role (still, there seems to be liquid water at some places, so there should be liquid water around the icecaps... unless what I think is liquid water isn't water. As I said, not enough data to go on).

Last edited:

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
Craftsmanship looks great, as for the planet design, I'm not sure how there could be such a huge polar icecap bordering immediately on a desert. But I'm not having enough data about the planet, as it doesn't neccessarily have to be water ice, and the atmosphere density would play a role (still, there seems to be liquid water at some places, so there should be liquid water around the icecaps... unless what I think is liquid water isn't water. As I said, not enough data to go on).

If he's really basing the planet off Darwin IV, then most of its liquid water is indeed gone. However, its atmosphere is denser than ours on account of it being saturated with water vapor.

There are also few free-standing bodies of water. That patch of water is actually the Amoebic Sea (or at least, it fits the criteria for being it).

As a watcher of Alien Planet, the speculative planet donatelo200 is making visually represents Darwin IV and is based off it, so I'm assuming it has many of the same feature. A small detail that wasn't in Alien Planet, but was I Expedition, is the fact that Darwin does indeed have ice caps. Not sure if there would be melt water around it, but I'm just not sure.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If he's really basing the planet off Darwin IV, then most of its liquid water is indeed gone. However, its atmosphere is denser than ours on account of it being saturated with water vapor.

Then the planet probably is a lot colder than I suppose (common misassociation to think "hot" when you hear "desert") and average temperatures are only above freezing in the equatorial regions. That would explain the size of the icecap as well as the absence of abundant liquid water near it. It remains to be wondered how there would be so much water vapour in the air... Would be a breeze to terraform, though.

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
Then the planet probably is a lot colder than I suppose (common misassociation to think "hot" when you hear "desert") and average temperatures are only above freezing in the equatorial regions. That would explain the size of the icecap as well as the absence of abundant liquid water near it. It remains to be wondered how there would be so much water vapour in the air... Would be a breeze to terraform, though.

Actually, in Alien Planet, one of the first things said after Leo (one of the :probe:s) lands, is that the temperature is 70 Fahrenheit. I should note however, that this is probably the equatorial temperature, since the landing eclipse of both Leo and Ike (another :probe:) was near the Amoebic Sea, which is itself situated near the equator.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
RapidScat has been attached.

Attachments

• RapidScatattached.jpg
    RapidScatattached.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 74

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Soyuz 10 and Salyut 1. Hopefully, a bit better luck than in real life:

The textures and meshes are gorgeous. :tiphat:
IMHO, the historical Soyuz deserves its own dll, not that it's easy.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Jarvis dll is likewise a very photogenic add-on:

BTW, does anyone know if the Salyut above is in a proper orientation ? Is it "upside down?"

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The simplest space station: one pressurized orbital module that a crew vehicle performs a rendezvous and docks with.

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
:idea: So much so, the Chinese copied it.

Attachments

• Tian1.jpg
    Tian1.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 69
  • TianShenzDock.jpg
    TianShenzDock.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 73

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Qu01CuY.gif

Been trying XR5 unpowered landings, gear keeps collapsing :)