Orbiter Screenshot Thread

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Latest Beta with lastest dx9 client.

I noticed sometimes the clouds can look really bad.
aa8QVtx.jpg

Amazing lucid dreams that I have.
Last night I dreamed exactly with that scene with the Delta Glider. It was beautiful.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
After many weeks of planning, I finally launched my first mission to construct my new lunar base.
First launch: our ride to the surface of the moon!

Y0iRuuN.png

GGq72st.png

84I0lRs.png

UQYGciY.png

TLrr8JG.png

D8l02W7.png

3aVMMix.png

kw9gkiP.png

1P7wkNO.png

hjihrqh.png

Now that the launchpad is clear, the CTV will be rolled out en prepared for launch. The CTV (with the first crew) will rendezvous with the LTV in lunar orbit and land a day later on the surface with a crew of 2. The crew that remains in orbit will deploy a proba sat, developt by the MNSA (my VSA) to test new communications techniques.

Odahs

Reaction score
Guess what I spent the whole afternoon playing with :)

MMUdockingwithAtlantis.jpg

About to re-dock with Atlantis, just thought it was a nice picture.

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Clyde from the ISV Pegasus V2.0 addon.

YoLg3X8.jpg

O23Z7x2.jpg

SpaceEagle

GEP Reborn Project Manager
Reaction score

Orbital Station Zulu..............Alternate history.
ISS and Mir Combined, Shuttle-A, XR2, STS-1NG (DGIV)
Pegase-HEO (High Earth Orbit version), ATV-5, Soyuz TMA-1NG (New-Gen)
Just a normal 5-hour Orbital Session

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
Update from Expedition 1, currently active at/around the moon:

xEJtWF8.png

Both the uncrewd LTV and crewed CTV made it safely to Lunar Orbit. about 1 day later, the CTV docked with the LTV.

c7dOLsx.png

The LTV then undocked and prepared for landing

HV2YZwD.png

Ignition!

DdgozC9.png

Burning the Earth..

opL7ehR.png

And then, a couple of hours after landing, the first EVA! This EVA will prepare the pre-base. The pre-base will be used until sufficient components have arrived for the real base.

eshEa65.png

BWYqsqb.png

Pre-base coming along pretty well, almost done for today

c0OzuL3.png

EVA conclusion

uqM0OCT.png

Today, there were no EVA's but the CTV has deployed the PROBA experiment for the MNSA (over the LTV landing site).

UHY61wN.png

JBSmvVN.png

Malky

Reaction score
Where did you get that surface module, is it part of CTV/LTV addon?

Anyway, it looks good and I hope you will post your progress, would love to see how your base grows. I want to build something similar in the future :)

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
Where did you get that surface module, is it part of CTV/LTV addon?

Anyway, it looks good and I hope you will post your progress, would love to see how your base grows. I want to build something similar in the future :)

It's actually one of the AMSO landing site meshes :cheers:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
:)

I was a few hours late getting back.

Meanwhile, in Mission Control, standing by for acquisition of signal...

"Flight, that's four hours. Standing by......"

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Enterprise enjoys a sunset from orbit, as well as a sweet view elsewhere.

Attachments

• 0033.jpg
    0033.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 0034.jpg
    0034.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

d2k

only a simulant
Reaction score
OMG

Listen, 3D space printing industries is in charge for this! Heres the story: We ordered a first 1:1 scale 3D print and what we got is a mess. Well they said another print with more precision will be done soon, 'they just have to recalibrate their XXL type printers'.

d2k states: 'Uhm, at least it's orbiting earth now! Hurray, another space junk object but no worries, it's lightweight and will hold orbit I guess!:D'

Feels like both, fail and success ;)

/edit: Added new pics of the second print approach but they forgot to print windows and all those things we call textures. ;]

Attachments

• dignie-print.jpg
    dignie-print.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 84
  • dy01.jpg
    dy01.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 60
  • dy02.jpg
    dy02.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 55
  • dy03.png
    dy03.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 44
  • dy04.png
    dy04.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 35
  • dy06.jpg
    dy06.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 32
  • dy05.png
    dy05.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

d2k

only a simulant
Reaction score
Wow, entire spaceships being 3D printed in the future!

Thanks for the like Pipcard (I saw a concert of Hatsune Miku on TV today btw, uhm what should I say, 3D hologram was cool). Do I have to remind you that the Dignity comes from the past, she is very very old like the futurama planet express ship. I also call this ship future-retroristic - whatever this means ;)

I bet that such things will be 3d printable one day. Anyway, what I dreamed of when I was a child was a seamless one pieced solid hull thing. All the components are also 3D printed but they just get added to this hull thing. I guess if the materials are proper ones such as composites of any usefull type the 3D print would be just the outter hull. And I always wanted a soft hull but that's a different topic (while currently it looks like plumb which would be very usefull but heavy instead). ^^

I've added images of current progress with orbitizing Dignies' mesh to my above post. She is doing well so far, however her design is not finished yet. Once I learn how to handle Blender Material Editor the thing will reach another interesting point.

Attachments

• dy08.png
    dy08.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 39
  • dy07.png
    dy07.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 49
  • dy09.png
    dy09.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 31
  • dy10.png
    dy10.png
    97 KB · Views: 40
  • dy11.png
    dy11.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 24
  • dy12.png
    dy12.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
Listen, 3D space printing industries is in charge for this! Heres the story: We ordered a first 1:1 scale 3D print and what we got is a mess. Well they said another print with more precision will be done soon, 'they just have to recalibrate their XXL type printers'.

d2k states: 'Uhm, at least it's orbiting earth now! Hurray, another space junk object but no worries, it's lightweight and will hold orbit I guess!:D'

Feels like both, fail and success ;)

/edit: Added new pics of the second print approach but they forgot to print windows and all those things we call textures. ;]

It looks very futuristic. It looks excellent:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.
dxwk1mjlfpr1pb56g.jpg

d2k

only a simulant
Reaction score
Go ahead and make jockes out of it, that's the best way to support me (really). Keep in mind, I have dozens of innovative details in mind but I can't do them all in one time. You will see where it will lead me to, maybe you will like it in a more serious way. I'm spending a lot of time working at it (with unshowed details like the Thron like third engines). This ship is my test lab and textures will blow your mind since that's what I can do best. I'm quite unhappy with the modeling / the shape because it's hard to get what I want. No worries, before this thing gets V 1.0 approval there will be plenty of improvements and meanwhile expect raw development material + never mind presenting fail screenshots because for me it was a moment of success after long time export / import problems. Now the mesh works like a charm so I can go back to step 1 and put a bit of perfectionism on it. Thx for the patience :)

Attachments

• dignity-wip-preview09-1.jpg
    dignity-wip-preview09-1.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
Go ahead and make jockes out of it, that's the best way to support me (really). Keep in mind, I have dozens of innovative details in mind but I can't do them all in one time. You will see where it will lead me to, maybe you will like it in a more serious way. I'm spending a lot of time working at it (with unshowed details like the Thron like third engines). This ship is my test lab and textures will blow your mind since that's what I can do best. I'm quite unhappy with the modeling / the shape because it's hard to get what I want. No worries, before this thing gets V 1.0 approval there will be plenty of improvements and meanwhile expect raw development material + never mind presenting fail screenshots because for me it was a moment of success after long time export / import problems. Now the mesh works like a charm so I can go back to step 1 and put a bit of perfectionism on it. Thx for the patience :)

It looks great, and its shape reminded me (in a way) to star cruiser Axiom. The seal of approval is a little joke (I hope that have not bothered). I mostly use Google translator, and sometimes make confusion.

Excellent work:thumbup:.

T1234

Reaction score
Tunnel vision,

Just playing around bending meshes to surface,Europa's ice channels would probably look like this inside.