Orbiter Screenshot Thread

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
Lunar Station Assembly Mission 180 Screen Captures

Here are some pictures of my Lunar Station after all the modules for Assembly Mission 180 were attached. I found myself with a quarter lunar orbit of sunlight before I deorbited the XR5 so I took a few screen captures to let folks see what this monstrosity looks like so far. And yes, that is an XR5 hiding under the tank farm. :)

Note: These are non-integrated screen captures. This means that I can't deploy the radiators although by this point in the assembly mission there are approximately 80 people onboard the station who are helping with assembly. 80 people on board plus 18 on board the XR5. Imagine ~30 EVA astronauts floating around the station man handling modules into place after they are brought near by the URMS, another ~30 getting ready for their next EVA and the last ~30 just getting back in from their EVA and resting. That's 3 shifts working 24 hours a day each day there is an XR5 docked to the station with modules.

Anyone want to build a scenario with 30 astronauts EVA at the same time? ;)

Here's a wide angle view of the station showing off the M-01 Tank farm that I've been working on for the last 72 missions.

picture.php

Here are 3 closeups of the M-01 Tank farm from 3 different angles. Note that at this point only about 50% of the tanks are in place. There's another 80 missions to go before this tank farm is finished. There will be an identical N-01 tank farm on the opposite side as well. This tank farm will be large enough to fully fuel 3 Arrow class transports, or 2 SSTV class transports. The smaller tanks that you see are the LOX-CH4 tanks. The big tanks are LH2 tanks in the center and LOX-LH2 tanks on the outside. Some of the shielding radiators are already in place also although you may not be able to see them from this distance.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here's a closeup of one half of one of the RCS Thruster Bars I've added to allow me to keep some sort of attitude control over such a massive station.

picture.php

And here's a photo from inside the XR5 cockpit looking at the center part of 1 of the RCS Thruster Bars. Note this is a FULL SCREEN shot and I'm still getting 60 FPS.

picture.php

180 Missions in the books, 7,320 missions to go...

If there's any interest shown, I may post a copy of the Scenario file from the end of this mission after the XR5 has landed if folks want to fly an UMMU around it to see it in-person. The scenario does require the IMS RC9 and the IMS 1.0 Release 2 module add-ons plus all their dependencies (and there are a lot). XR5 and all its dependencies are also required.

Dantassii

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
What are you using for that circular section?

Dantassii

Reaction score
What are you using for that circular section?

I assume you are referring to the Centrifuge Ring. I am using the extended Centrifuge Ring components that are part of the IMS extension of the SSBB Centrifuge modules. I discovered that if you attach a habitation module to all of the external and side ports and put a SSBB Cupola on the interior ports that you end up with a Centrifuge ring that can hold nearly 100 people. Eventually the Lunar Station will have 2 of these rings by the end of Phase 1, 4 by the end of Phase 2, and 6 by the end of Phase 3.

I posted detail closeup screen captures of the ring in my Mission 108 screen capture post some months ago on this thread.

Dantassii

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And here's a photo from inside the XR5 cockpit looking at the center part of 1 of the RCS Thruster Bars. Note this is a FULL SCREEN shot and I'm still getting 60 FPS.

:facepalm:

I guess IMS2 will need the ability to assign normal thrusters as RCS... :shifty:

Dantassii

Reaction score
:facepalm:

I guess IMS2 will need the ability to assign normal thrusters as RCS... :shifty:

No, just the ability to handle HUNDREDS of RCS modules... I just hope when I integrate this thing I don't blow out some array that's only been dimensioned to some much smaller value than I'm going to need. Biggest problem I've seen so far in programs like this is people who think no one will EVER want more than X number of something so instead of using a open ended LIST class they use a hard coded Array dimensioned to X. I've been known to find these bugs VERY quickly. ;)

Dantassii

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
o, just the ability to handle HUNDREDS of RCS modules... I just hope when I integrate this thing I don't blow out some array that's only been dimensioned to some much smaller value than I'm going to need.

I started making all arrays in IMS dynamic pretty soon after you joined the tester team... :p

What I don't know is how Orbiter will handle it, of course... It might have been prudent (and time-saving) of you to just make a humonguous RCS module. Or put a few JX2's there and change the attitude by using the thruster groups instead of RCS :lol:

Dantassii

Reaction score
I started making all arrays in IMS dynamic pretty soon after you joined the tester team... :p

I knew there was a reason why you included me in the playtester listing for IMS. ;)

Even if I can't integrate the Lunar Station, it is still a VERY pretty looking space station IMHO.

Dantassii

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
On this date in 2005:

STS-114_A5214_SSV_xfer_padB_June15_2005_1516UTC_TV7B.jpg

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Yesterday I saw the movie Star Trek into darkness, and has liked me so much that I downloaded this add-on:
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6173"]Star Trek XI - first installment[/ame]

I think it's great and has a stunning visual quality.
Great job, Mr Martian!:thumbup:

I attach some screenshots of this add-on. To achieve an even more impressive effect I used ENB Series, a great job of SolarLiner:thumbup:.

Screenshot+GIMP
qpob3gm3fic4oih6g.jpg

uqe4gtl88oa7zqz6g.jpg

ip1b2xc1c029aug6g.jpg

s4cj6ztgfxwkj016g.jpg

d3qp1933xc8dly76g.jpg

xsc2s13nz3h7g436g.jpg

4o55xdbr2pj134t6g.jpg

1gtwna8aido2tyg6g.jpg

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yesterday I saw the movie Star Trek into darkness, and has liked me so much that I downloaded this add-on:
Star Trek XI - first installment

I think it's great and has a stunning visual quality.
Great job, Mr Martian!:thumbup:

I attach some screenshots of this add-on. To achieve an even more impressive effect I used ENB Series, a great job of SolarLiner:thumbup:.

Screenshot+GIMP
qpob3gm3fic4oih6g.jpg

uqe4gtl88oa7zqz6g.jpg

ip1b2xc1c029aug6g.jpg

s4cj6ztgfxwkj016g.jpg

d3qp1933xc8dly76g.jpg

xsc2s13nz3h7g436g.jpg

4o55xdbr2pj134t6g.jpg

1gtwna8aido2tyg6g.jpg

:chainsaw:

BopfSql.jpg

(just kidding, I really liked the pics)

For an encore, why not try exploring an extrasolar system for kicks?

Castor

Reaction score
A silent killer, on its way to the United States:

picture.php

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Latest Beta with lastest dx9 client.

I noticed sometimes the clouds can look really bad.
aa8QVtx.jpg

bLGdeqD.jpg

VMARdhf.jpg

The morning sun looks weird there.
i1Y9VBF.jpg

Last edited:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think the atmospheric scattering is rendered in a sphere above the planet, so when the sun is just above this sphere those weird "cut off" appears.

d2k

only a simulant
Reaction score
I just wanted to give you some info on my current hobbie...
This is only a preview, many things will be changed, I have something in mind that I want to create and share as a free Orbiter Add-on. Introducing the Dignity Class in a very early WIP under construction thing. Note that it's pure Sci-fi uhm but more like this ship will be of ancient origin (I'm a Stargate fanboy so this could turn into a tribute of what I always wanted the ancients to have).

Specifications:
Hull/Body: 3D printed (industrial) composite material
Dimensions: Length (approx. 155 meters), width (approx. 80 meters), height (approx. 15-20 meters)
Bottom: A bit like Sea Shadow marine ship
Nose: Will be something like B2-Spirit plane but with knda flat nose
Wings: Yes, foldable wings
Hangar Bay: Yes, at back
Bayroom: Will be at bottom
Gear: None, it will have some skids
Engines: 3 different types + RCS
Decks: Approx. 6
Max. Cargo: No limits (it's Sci-fi)
Cockpits: Bridge, 360° panoramical view Command Center, Bottom Cockpit
Skinning: FlexiSolarCellFoil with lot's of LED's around each deck.
Shutters: If I can handle yes, something like "ablative armor"
+ a lot of fancy fictional facts like "can resist this or that" or "can go deepsea" and so on.

RPG point: The ship I want to find in the garden or somewhere. A ship we should encounter parked at Lagrange point 4 (the main reason why it should be "ancient" and waiting for us). :)

More pics coming, hope you like. Never mind it's polycount, please ...it's only in the beginning. I'm doing this in free time and I don't have much of that these days but it's fun so theres progress with the mesh YaY ;)

Attachments

• dignity-wip-preview.png
    dignity-wip-preview.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 81
  • dignity-wip-preview2.png
    dignity-wip-preview2.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 72
  • dignity-wip-preview3.png
    dignity-wip-preview3.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 61
  • dignity-wip-preview4.png
    dignity-wip-preview4.png