Orbiter Screenshot Thread

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Apollo 7 dumping urine over the South China Sea.

fb871f4c8b.jpg

You know you wanna say it :lol:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I don't think the dumping of bodily wastes into space should be associated with Christmas...

Last edited:

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Merry Christmas! Can you do that in AMSO?

I don't think so. I was flying the mission with Project Apollo - NASSP 7.0 Beta, most systems are simulated in that one.

I don't think the dumping of bodily wastes into space should be associated with Christmas...

You are right. Maybe I am just desperate for a Christmas with snowfall, we didn't have one in 3 years :lol:

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
Dantassii's Humongous IMS Lunar Station @ mission 243

As promised, here are some screen captures of the Lunar Station after mission 243. It is still a long ways from completed, but at this point all the the HUGE LH2 and LOX-LH2 tanks have been brought up so I figured this would be a good point to post some more pictures of this beast.

I've posted the scenario file elsewhere on the site and I invite anyone who tries to fly the mission included in the file to post screen captures on that threat showing their FPS when viewing the station from the outside.

Notice I'm getting 10 FPS on my screen captures.

Dantassii
HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder

Attachments

• BigPicture01.jpg
    BigPicture01.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 51
  • BicPicture02.jpg
    BicPicture02.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 41
  • XR5Closeup01.jpg
    XR5Closeup01.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Cockpit01.jpg
    Cockpit01.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 39

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Brighton Beach, latest orbiter beta 20th dec (rev 9) & dx9 sept :)

unfortunately if ships are below elevation they are blacked out until they rise above surface level, still has the tearing of Moon and Mars landscapes. Bases are working good now, as you can see the base is flush with the ground.

6GhCjAx.jpg

9dYr4VR.jpg

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Some more of the new Beta but on Mars.

9xzblpP.jpg

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Speaking of satellites, I found we don't have too much of them and had some anim8tor fun doing this one. I tried to go easy with the number of faces, as I'm not on my usual computer for holidays :

NG1V1vY.jpg

Still looks pretty much like one of those heavy communications satellites I think. That one will be "OrbiComm".

Only have to find (not too large) textures for it, and to write a small .dll for the animations and thrusters/CMG. If I'm really bored I'll add suntracking for the solar panels.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
MSS-1 is home again after a 2 weeks mission to upgrade the station with an SSRMS, UHF antenna and the first logistics.

KYTbN9R.jpg

Final look in the payload bay

hxmOAZj.jpg

Closing the doors

IE6BEKG.jpg

Burning away!

7BZ2cQq.jpg

Crossing over the runway

UPjbOgr.jpg

Time to turn

UPjbOgr.jpg

Tu6fbOh.jpg

Approaching...

Qaqpt6I.jpg

4KkCXY5.jpg

Welcome home!

Current configuration:

uzZoSfV.jpg

MSS administrators officially gave the Go signal to continue assembling the Atlas V for the second expedition, as well as the Antares rocket that will carry Cygnus to the station.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
OrbiComm has now a working propulsion and orientation system (unless you use a HLV, you'll need it for the GEO circularization burn and other inclination corrections, of course don't expect it to handle like a starfighter !). Also it now can deploy its main dishes properly :

EacPM23.jpg

Next big step is the solar arrays deployment. Right now dry mass is 3,200 kg, for a total of 6,500 kg.

Last edited:

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
OrbiComm has now a working propulsion and orientation system (unless you use a HLV, you'll need it for the GEO circularization burn and other inclination corrections, of course don't expect it to handle like a starfighter !). Also it now can deploy its main dishes properly :

EacPM23.jpg

Next big step is the solar arrays deployment. Right now dry mass is 3,200 kg, for a total of 6,500 kg.

Aww man, my satellite can't even compare to this. :lol:

Nice model, Molson! :thumbup:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The bird has wings ! ;) They don't automatically track the Sun (for now), but can be oriented manually (so the anim is ready).

The panels don't unfold the most realistic way ever (panel by panel, while an "accordion" move would be better), but that's simpler that way ;)

z4KSNuW.jpg

D3D9 client "debug tools" are a life saver when it comes to identify meshgroups :)hail: jarmonik).

Next I think I'll go for a basic CMG implementation, and try my luck at Sun-tracking. Oh and particle effects for the thrusters instead of the "plasma flame".

A "Hall-effect thrusters" version could be interesting, too, but would require a lot of patience as those things have an incredibly low thrust.