Donator
Reaction score
Oh. I'm using only stock atlantis.

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
7PeraDO.jpg

Just updated Orbiter Beta and found Brighton Beach has been updated, looks very good. Rev 22

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Brighton beach appears to be sinking... :lol:

I am downloading a new texture pack for the moon, apparently there is a new one available which fixes some of the graphical glitches so it might improve. Going to update Mars as well.

---------- Post added 13th Sep 2015 at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was 12th Sep 2015 at 22:20 ----------

I installed the new textures, it removed a lot of the artifacts, Brighton Beach is still sinking thou but I found some moonspikes.

KKwN0fu.jpg

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
You can train for the 2056 Red Bull[TM] Moon Race with those 'pylons' :p

By the way: How did you find those? Pure "luck"?

Last edited:

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
You can train for the 2056 Red Bull[TM] Moon Race with those 'pylons' :p

By the way: How did you find those? Pure "luck"?

I got lucky, I thought they were graphical glitches at first and was going to ignore them, but decided to have a closer look and found they really were there.

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
I installed the new textures, it removed a lot of the artifacts, Brighton Beach is still sinking thou but I found some moonspikes.
I can confirm that the spikes are present in the original LOLA_GDR elevation data set, so it's not a graphics glitch.

Evidence of a group of low-flying UFOs captured by the laser altimeter scan?

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I can confirm that the spikes are present in the original LOLA_GDR elevation data set, so it's not a graphics glitch.

Evidence of a group of low-flying UFOs captured by the laser altimeter scan?

I'll send a report to MUFON :lol:

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
ei9PZLG.jpg

MSS-5 docked to the station today, after a 3 day chase.

half a revolution further I took this shot, with no lights on in my room:
qziPDLm.jpg

I like it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Messing around in the Beta, concentrating on not bouncing off Phobos, I didn't check the view outside until touchdown....
picture.php
picture.php

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
tumblr_nvmib1D6z71rpuj2so2_1280.png

tumblr_nvmib1D6z71rpuj2so1_1280.png

Skylab B in orbit with a docked CSM (SL-8), a Progress Resupply Ship (Progress Skylab 1), ATM B, and Zarya.

I'm flying the station in an alternate history scenario where I launch the station in May 1976 and keep it continuously manned as long as possible. After SL-8 leaves, I plan on keeping the station manned and supported using Soyuz and Progress craft until the Space Shuttle is completed. I planned from the start to incorporate pieces of ISS with it and Skylab1980 with it. I launched Zarya to it because I wanted a second Soyuz port.

I'm considering disposing of the ATM and replacing it with Zvezda for a third Soyuz port. Hate to lose my solar telescope though.

EDIT:
I think that I can keep the ATM longer if I move Zarya to the top APAS port and dock the ATM to it.

EDIT of an EDIT:
I might have to just forget about Zvezda. Doubt that I can get it up to 434 km.

Last edited:

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
The Portal

picture.php

The Vasimr ship Bekuo is approaching an unidentified feature that miraculously appeared near the orbit of Uranus. What is this strange, hollow object?
____

The Vasimr ship will probably not become a real addon. It is just a cfg-file driven play-around thing. I gave it a Delta-Gliderish high thrust and ISP, which makes it convenient to zoom around the outer planets.

The portal I would love to make an addon. The idea would be: When the focus vessel enters the portal, Orbiter quits and restarts in a different solar system, with the vessel exiting from the portal on the other side. But, honestly, I have no idea if this could be done with the existing API, or would require an external script or something. Will probably remain an idea only for the time being.

Last edited:

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
tumblr_nvqn2gFSHG1rpuj2so1_1280.png

tumblr_nvqn2gFSHG1rpuj2so2_1280.png

Skylab B in orbit with Zarya, Zvezda, and ATM B. This is from a test scenario that I created to see if I could actually get both Zarya and Zvezda to Skylab B which I have orbiting at a circular orbit of 434 km.

I had to launch Zvezda first into a lower orbit of 300 km and then launch Zarya second. I rendezvoused with Zvezda and used Zarya as a space tug to tow Zvezda the last 134km up to the orbit of Skylab B.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
International Skylab! That's a cool one and not impossible.
Perhaps with pre ISS Russian hardware like the Salyuts, but would look pretty much like you have it. Cool!

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The portal I would love to make an addon. The idea would be: When the focus vessel enters the portal, Orbiter quits and restarts in a different solar system, with the vessel exiting from the portal on the other side. But, honestly, I have no idea if this could be done with the existing API, or would require an external script or something. Will probably remain an idea only for the time being.

I think theres something sorta close to that in Orbiter Galaxy. Not exactly an automated API call, but it will transfer the vessel in question to another system, so you can at least keep the save state of your vessel.

I think, anyways. Its kinda been a while.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
International Skylab! That's a cool one and not impossible.
Perhaps with pre ISS Russian hardware like the Salyuts, but would look pretty much like you have it. Cool!

I wanted to use Zarya because I wanted a second Soyuz port and an APAS port that could be used by either the American Space Shuttle or the Russian Space Shuttle. The docked shuttle would obscure the Soyuz port on Zarya so I added Zvezda as well. I'd use Unity as well (I successfully tested launching it on a Saturn IB using an ATM maneuvering stage for the rendezvous) but one of the docking ports is offset for use with the Space Shuttle's alternate ISSR docking port so it's useless to me.

I'd use any one of the Salyuts if they had APAS ports for docking with Skylab B. Also, didn't some of the Salyut stations have military hardware like anti-aircraft guns? I don't think that would have gone over well with the western powers.

EDIT:
I found an alternative to the Unity node on Orbit Hangar by well called Artemis Themis PMA. It pretty much looks identical to Unity imho. I apologize for getting this thread off topic. I'll sit idly until I have more screenshots to share.

Last edited:

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
tumblr_nvvlqhZoW91rpuj2so1_1280.png

The AMU Astronaut with Skylab B and SL-6 100 meters in the background. The Moon can be seen in the far distance.

The whole combining Salyut and Skylab B that 4throck mentioned has whetted my appetite. If I had any kind of modelling ability (I've never tried but it looks complicated) I would make a variation with an APAS 89/95 on one end so I can use it in the place of Zvezda. Zvezda is such a pain without its own translational thrusters like Zarya has.

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

tumblr_nvvlqhZoW91rpuj2so2_1280.png

Florida from Skylab B.

I turned to the Mir program for inspiration and found that the Kristall Module could theoretically be used as an adapter between Skylab B and a Salyut (I'm currently looking at Salyut 6).

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

tumblr_nvvzhwAqq01rpuj2so1_1280.png

The Mir Kristall Module docked to Skylab B. I'm using it as an adapter for docking Salyut 6 to the Orbital Workshop. This is from a test scenario that I created to see if I could actually get Kristall to Skylab B. I already know that Salyut 6 can reach Skylab B. No more test scenarios for awhile, I'm going to resume flying the station now. Pictures will follow after I connect the Salyut to Skylab.

Last edited: