Orbit ops

Over Mont Blanc - western Alps

Targeting KSC - final pass

Over KMCO - Orlando International Airport, Florida

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Orbiter 2015 w/ Reshade 4K pictures (displayed 1080p cut from them, click on links below for full 4K resolution)

orbiter%202016-01-21%2018-19-49_thumb.jpg

Full resolution

orbiter%202016-01-21%2019-06-29_thumb.jpg

Full resolution

I was having a nice and fluid 4-5 FPS during those... lol

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
After 282 Assembly Missions, here's my Lunar Station to date

As of the completion of Lunar Station Assembly Mission 282, here's what the Lunar Station looks like. All of the fuel tanks for Construction, Repair, and Refueling Bay M (otherwise known as #1) have been brought up and docked. I undocked the XR5 and backed away about 800 meters and waited for the sunrise to take some pictures of it in the dark. I then approached and docked with the Bay M main docking port and went external to take the remaining screen captures.

I'm running this on an I7 Intel CPU with a GTX 960 Graphics card, but I don't think it's CPU or graphics limited. I think it's the speed of the core that's limiting my FPS.

And without further ado, here are the photos.

picture.php
Sunrise.
picture.php
On approach to the main Bay M docking port
picture.php
After docking, zoomed out
picture.php
Notice the 2 RCS thruster bars
picture.php
Zoomed in on 1 of the RCS thruster bars
picture.php
View from up top
picture.php
Detailed zoom in on the top of the tank farm
picture.php
Bottom of the tank farm and docking ports
picture.php
RCS Thruster bar closeup
picture.php
Front of the XR5

I'll be posting the zipped up scenario file on another thread for those of you who want to fly around this station to see it 'in person'.

Dantassii
HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder

Last edited:

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
After the launch of the MSS-6 crew a week ago, a Falcon 9 launched today with Dragon as her payload, to support this expedition. The Dragon transports experiments, fresh fruits, spare parts and scientific instruments to the station. She will bring back previous experiments at the end of her mission, when she returns to Earth.

zFRwWOA.png

Bye bye Earth!

aysDJsY.png

"Dragon is in orbit"

1pbmSP2.png

Pretty accurate launch today!

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Blue Origin New Shephard WIP

Attachments

• NewShephard.jpg
    NewShephard.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 38

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
As a matter of fact, I do. You interested ?

I wanted to make one of this rocket since the first landing, I just lack the graphics. :lol:

rstr

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Moon's Mysterious Blair Cuspids Revisited with Orbiter2015

BlairCuspids-HiRes-Close.jpg

More screenshots 5888x1080 pixels see
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/album.php?albumid=1084

On Nov. 2nd, 1966, NASA's Lunar Orbiter II transmitted pictures of an area in the western section of Mare Tranquillitatis between Rima Ariadeus, and craters Whewell, Silberschlag, and Cayley, showing several close-by objects resembling obelisks due to long spike-like shadows casted - later called "Blair Cuspids", see e.g. http://www.astrosurf.com/lunascan/blair.htm . Lots of speculation about the nature of these objects were made, ranging from reasonable "spike-like boulders in low sun elevation" to weird bushwah like "artificial origin".
In 2009, the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter was launched, equipped with a much better imaging cam, and a laser altimeter. It gave a much clearer picture of the area, see e.g. http://forum.moonzoo.org/index.php?topic=994.0 , to disenchant any far-fetched hypothesis and ufologists' flim-flam by scientific hard facts.

Anyway, equipped with the amazing Orbiter2015 r45 and its ability to display terrain elevation, the high-resolution moon data set, the great D3D9 beta 15, and a stereoscopic 3D view from NVidia graphics, I was enthusiastic to see what this place (15.58 E, 5.5 N) would look like from the DG cockpit ... in a nutshell: WOW !! See pictures http://www.orbiter-forum.com/album.php?albumid=1084 . It does not resemble a spike from a graphics or elevation data glitch, and it's located at the expected place. The largest of the cuspids (#5) is clearly visible, and I assume the upcoming micro-elevation feature along with more high-resolution surface tiles would also bring up the other smaller structures.

I'm posting all this for three reasons:
+ to inspire others to visit and explore such "weird" locations with the help of Orbiter2015
+ to ridicule ufologists' flim-flam
+ to praise the work of good Dr. M. S., the D3D9 folks, and the community of great add-on developers. Thank you all !
Regards - Rob

Last edited:

Matias Saibene

Developing and CMakin'
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Screenshots 5888x1080 pixels see
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/album.php?albumid=1084

On Nov. 2nd, 1966, NASA's Lunar Orbiter II transmitted pictures of an area in the western section of Mare Tranquillitatis between Rima Ariadeus, and craters Whewell, Silberschlag, and Cayley, showing several close-by objects resembling obelisks due to long spike-like shadows casted - later called "Blair Cuspids", see e.g. http://www.astrosurf.com/lunascan/blair.htm . Lots of speculation about the nature of these objects were made, ranging from reasonable "spike-like boulders in low sun elevation" to weird ones like "artificial origin".
In 2009, the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter was launched, equipped with a much better imaging cam, and a laser altimeter. It gave a much clearer picture of the area, see e.g. http://forum.moonzoo.org/index.php?topic=994.0 , to disenchant far-fetched hypothesis.

Anyway, equipped with the amazing Orbiter2015 r45 and its ability to display terrain elevation, the high-resolution moon data set, the great D3D9 beta 15, and a stereoscopic 3D view from NVidia graphics, I was enthusiastic to see what this place (15,58 E, 5,5 N) would look like from the DG cockpit ... in a nutshell: WOW !! See pictures http://www.orbiter-forum.com/album.php?albumid=1084 . The largest of the cuspids (#5) is clearly visible, and I assume the upcoming micro-elevation feature along with more high-resolution surface tiles would also bring up the other structures.

I'm posting all this for two reasons:
+ to inspire others to visit and explore such "weird" locations with the help of Orbiter2015
+ to praise the work of good Dr. M. S., the D3D9 folks, and the community of great add-on developers. Thank you all !
Regards - Rob

51c1310v3av6jlv6g.jpg

I have heard from ufologists, that NASA hidden information: the egyptians pyramids were built by egyptians.
true-story-neil-patrick-harris.png

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
On Nov. 2nd, 1966, NASA's Lunar Orbiter II transmitted pictures of an area in the western section of Mare Tranquillitatis between Rima Ariadeus, and craters Whewell, Silberschlag, and Cayley, showing several close-by objects resembling obelisks due to long spike-like shadows casted - later called "Blair Cuspids" [...]

To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee: that's not a spike, this is a spike!

Matias Saibene

Developing and CMakin'
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
More from the beta.
5byk313713b1i2i6g.jpg

2nnnub6w1haaasa6g.jpg

Lake Nahuel Huapi, near the Bariloche Atomic Center / Balseiro Institute, where he once foreign "scientific" led to believe the nation would build a cold fusion device.:rofl: Years later a commission led by Jose Antonio Balseiro was responsible for publishing the truth about this hoax, and managed to administer the facilities to create a truly prestigious institute that today bears his name, and the commission that regulates nuclear power in the country.

zrarv8vrivn9rrp6g.jpg

Delta Glider in the town of Los Andes (Chile)

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
New Shephard WIP update:

Attachments

• NewShephard2.jpg
    NewShephard2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 49

Donamy