Orbiter Screenshot Thread

LordCroussette

Quebec City's Resident Base Builder
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Little trip to Mars I made a few days ago...

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

LordCroussette

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Finally, it's the next step of my world tour! :D Today, departure from Quebec City to St-John in Newfoundland and Labrador, the final stop in North America before crossing the ocean!
image.png

image.png

Leaving New Brunswick and passing by the coast of Prince Edward Island.
image.png

Sunset as we enter Newfoundland and Labrador.
image.png

Arrival at St-John.
image.png

Landed!
image.png

The crew and passengers will sleep off the night and take-off in the morning of the following (in-game) day for their next desination: Faial Island!

The complete East Coast of North America route:
image.png

LordCroussette

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Departed St-John and crossed the Atlantic in my DC-6 this week, using Faial Island in the Azores as a refuelling stop!
image.png

image.png

Arrival at Faial.
image.png

Plane is refuelling.
image.png

And departure for France!
image.png

There wasn't a lot to see on the way to Europe.
image.png

Arrival at Ouessant Island.
image.png

And parked! Welcome to France!
image.png

The crossing the Atlantic. In total, it took me about 5 hours of real-time flying to reach France from Canada.
image.png

Piorun

Reaction score
じゃあ、今、多分、オービターで、初めてとある人工衛星が見られますね。1970年2月11日に、鹿児島宇宙空間観測所から、L4Sというロケットが打ち上げられました。その日、おおすみは日本の最初の人工衛星になりました。今日まで、おおすみをはじめとして、たくさん人工衛星と宇宙探査機は日本に打ち上げられました。でも、オービターで、絶対にもっと日本の宇宙機が必要だと思います。皆の日本のオービナウトさんたちに挨拶いたしています。🇯🇵😉

So now we can see a certain satellite in Orbiter probably for the first time... On February 11, 1970, from Kagoshima Space Center, an L4S rocket was launched. On that day, Ōsumi became the first Japanese satellite. Until now, many satellites and space probes have been launched by Japan, starting with Ōsumi. However, I think that we absolutely need more Japanese spacecraft in Orbiter. I would like to greet all Japanese Orbinauts! 🇯🇵😉

23.04.06 22-33-27 Oosumi.jpg

23.04.06 22-34-40 Oosumi.jpg

23.04.06 22-32-55 Oosumi.jpg

LordCroussette

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Been a while since I posted an update here on my world tour (should really think to call it a "grand tour" instead. It's more accurate and doesn't make me sound like a rockstar lmao). But, I have been flying all over France since I landed in Europe. Let me show you! :)

First, I left the island of Ouessant and went to the city of Bordeaux!
image.png

image.png

Then, the day I made the Cornwall, I decided to visit it while I was in the neighbour. I left soon after for my next destination.
image.png

Said next destination was Sables d'Olonne by Papyref from his addon Honeymoon 2021.
image.png

And, yesterday, I left the Sables d'Olonne for the small town of Thionville south of Luxembourg. Since there wasn't any appropriate runway I wanted to land on, I had to land in someone's farm. xD
image.png

I waited the night there until the sun rose for my next flight.
image.png

Finally, today, I flew to the town of Annecy! And what a landscape that is! :O
image.png

Annecy is where I am right now. My next destination will be France's former rocket launch centre at Hammaguir! :D
image.png

That's a lot of flights o_O
image.png

LordCroussette

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Brunswicker brought Engines #3 and #4! I only have two more engines to put until the spaceship is complete! :D
(I'll still need to make and launch the pods before I can leave for Jupiter, but still)

image.png

image.png

LordCroussette

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
@LordCroussette what addon is that ^ ?
STS2016. Unless you mean Pioneer One, in this case it's an entirely custom made spaceship. So I designed it in 3DS Max, exported it into multiple modules and all made them into objects that can be carried by the shuttle and docked together. Once it's done, I'll export the whole thing as a single mesh and use VesselBuilder to make something that can be flown. ;)

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
STS2016. Unless you mean Pioneer One, in this case it's an entirely custom made spaceship. So I designed it in 3DS Max, exported it into multiple modules and all made them into objects that can be carried by the shuttle and docked together. Once it's done, I'll export the whole thing as a single mesh and use VesselBuilder to make something that can be flown. ;)
Yeah, I was talking about the Pioneer One. Cool looking ship!

steph

Reaction score
Said next destination was Sables d'Olonne by Papyref from his addon Honeymoon 2021.
image.png

And, yesterday, I left the Sables d'Olonne for the small town of Thionville south of Luxembourg. Since there wasn't any appropriate runway I wanted to land on, I had to land in someone's farm. xD

I'll look into it, but I don't quite get it. Sables is actually a town not far away from where I live, and, yes, it's a nice coastal town, but the runway isn't big enough to support the DC-6. On Google Maps, you could sort of extend it to 1.200m without running into anything of importance, but just barely. I see at least the port area is also done, which is nice, but such a huge spaceport with double runways would basically 'hide' most of the town itself, as it's not that big and the airfield is really close.

I'd say Ile d'Yeu would work, small island off the coast, but it has a 1.200m paved runway. That, or La Rochelle, which has a bigger airport (it's also a military base), so there wouldn't be any issues. Of course, not to mention St Nazaire etc

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
So I decided to take the NASSP CSM up to visit Pegasus 1.

1682369865569.png

And the chase is on!
1682369233911.png

Inspecting the S-IVB and SLA
1682369600491.png

There it is! Looks stable and not tumbling, GO for EVA.
1682369649892.png

Tunnel hatch is open, let's fly in ad collect some parts from that thing.
1682369689947.png

Close formation flying
1682369715116.png

Finished with Pegasus, parked in a 600nm orbit for Earth photography
1682369832354.png