Orbiter Screenshot Thread

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Playing ORBITER 2010 on the new 42" LCD - Wow!

42vizio-4.jpg

Actually it's my new TV replacing the one that got flooded in Ike, but I couldn't resist hooking it up to the computer! :)

Awesome!!! :speakcool:

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Actually it's my new TV replacing the one that got flooded in Ike, but I couldn't resist hooking it up to the computer! :)
You know you won't be able to go back to the small 20"-ish screen. I couldn't help noticing that you have the exact same venetian blinds as me :rofl:

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
ECTS(-X) is an EADS Astrium project, they already presented the design on the 2008 ILA, but didn't know of Orbiter being used there.
Couldn't find ECTS on their website. Is that the manned version of the ATV? Maybe they used the Pegase addon? :)

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:29 ----------

It's about freaking time I did this! :cheers:
(First nominal Earth reentry)

Congrats! :cheers:
By nominal do you mean perfect? Without autopilots? Not exploding?

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
By nominal do you mean perfect? Without autopilots? Not exploding?
I used the Hold-Attitude autopilot (PRO104SPEC40...the manual one), but that's it.
No explosions, though my nose temperature got up into the 1900s for a little while.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's not the reentry that is hard, it is landing on a predetermined runway :p

ddom2006

Reaction score
Playing ORBITER 2010 on the new 42" LCD - Wow!

42vizio-4.jpg

That is VERY cool :tiphat:.

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

The ISS just about eclipsing the Sun.

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

STS Take-Off over Florida.

LEM over the moon.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Loving the L11 Mars textures with Willy88's changes to the atmosphere color! What a nice way to show case it too with the beautiful XR2 in orbit:

XR2-MarsOrbit.jpg

Hmuda

Reaction score
Great pic Tex (although I couldn't not notice the lack of AA). Can you tell me where can we find that atmosphere mod? It's not on the hangar under Willy88's account.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks Hmuda.. I need to check my AA settings I guess. Willy88's mars atmo changes are just 2 edits to the Mars.cfg:

Code:
AtmColor0 = 0.823 0.658 0.501
AtmHazeColor = 0.823 0.658 0.501

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
... wow, that's a pretty screenshot. <3

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I wonder if it's possible to get those lens flare effects in Orbiter somehow. I know it's just more pointless eye-candy, but think of the screenshots~

Hmuda

Reaction score
Thanks Hmuda.. I need to check my AA settings I guess. Willy88's mars atmo changes are just 2 edits to the Mars.cfg:

Code:
Thanks, works perfectly. :)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
- "I told him that strapping these GEM40s under a DG was not a good idea..."
- "Yeah, those test pilots, all the same... And who cleans up all the mess ? Always us..."

Robsoie

Reaction score
Just noticed that there was some challenge mission in the scenario folder named "2010 Edition".
Great for a barely adequate space pilot like me :D

So i used the challenge 1, trying to start in a DG from KSC to ISS with the lowest amount of fuel burned possible.
For me that's a huge challenge, as usually i play with no limited fuel.
So this time to see if my dodgy flying techniques are efficient, i ticked limited fuel in the preferences before launching the challenge.

The perfect plan was to launch while ISS was behind, and nearly arrive in orbit at ISS position.

Of course perfect plan for a sunday pilot like me means usually disastrous failure.
And this time it was again the case.
After launching, i understood i waited too much, no way i would end in orbit at +/- ISS location, ISS moved in front and far, bad bad bad.
Wasted a lot of fuel with my ascending horrible technique

So 4 tons of fuel burned and we're not yet into a circular orbit, that's horrible, at least we can see that the new earth l11/l14 texture is superb, making florida blending in the world very nicely.
Ok, time to try to build our orbit nicely, hoping we will not waste all the fuel.

After we have our roughly circular orbit and got a world loop, let's try our best to align plane with ISS, while looking by the window.

It's night over the Sudan/Ethiopia frontier, we're not great as we are already over 6,4 tons of fuel burned but at least we've got a nice plane alignement.
Only minor adjustment to do as in 4 orbits we should be right on ISS.

We're now fine tuning our interception, that's nice ISS in 3 orbits with minor RCS pushes to do , finally we should not run out of fuel, hopefully.

Giving a look to Australia, very nice view.

Finally, we are near ISS, +/- 100km ahead of our position. time to very badly burn more fuel in my badly done usual approaches.

400kg of fuel burned later, we are in view of ISS, oh joy.

Moving near ISS, going to dock on the other side of it, we're now over 7 tons of fuel wasted in this travel.

26 meters from the docking point, time to check i open the nose cone, in a past mission i completely forgot to open it before trying to dock. Bad memory comes with the age unfortunately.

We're good, we're good ! but that's in the end badly wasted. The NASA will certainly not be happy to see 7024 kg of fuel wasted in mostly bad timing, bad manoeuvring and overall bad pilot :D

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score

Code:

I recall McWgogs posting a nicer-looking setting on the old M6 forum after my post. I'm too lazy to dig it up at the moment.