Orbiter Screenshot Thread

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
blackarrowstage2.jpg

This used to be stage 2 of the Black Arrow launch vehicle.

K_Jameson

Reaction score

The upcoming Delphinus spacecraft during a flight test over KSC. :tiphat:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Off topic.

Kyle maybe you could tweak a little your Sketch Up tool bars.
This basic setting you have are limited.
Check this images and experiment.

13925930.jpg

try this config. ;)

74164751.jpg

Hey thanks for the tip! That is quite useful :tiphat:

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Yesterday was the launch of the Skylab-6B mission. This mission will be a maintenance mission to Skylab-II. This is done because the Russians have some trouble with launching the Skylab-7 mission.

This Skylab-6B mission will perform some (external) repairs to the station and they will oversee the first unmanned resuply mission. This was being planned for Dragon but the Presurissed Logistics Vehicle will perform it now.

4Jl8f.jpg

Lift-off!

hEh5c.jpg

Leaving the cape

t7W0G.jpg

Good staging

v2N9Y.jpg

LES gone

tTrPM.jpg

SECO!

WVUD6.jpg

Free of the booster

zYtor.jpg

The destination this ship was designed for

Skylab-6B will oversee the first unmanned resuply mission to Skylab-II. The Prometheus launch vehicle with the PLV was rolled to the pad today.

Y9Exx.jpg

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Skylab-6B will oversee the first unmanned resuply mission to Skylab-II. The Prometheus launch vehicle with the PLV was rolled to the pad today.

Y9Exx.jpg

Judging by the lack of beacon lights you've forgotten to pay electricity bills.

Tycho

Reaction score
A couple quick screenshots of the outstanding virtual cockpit of Hlynkacg's [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5846"]Spider Lunar Lander[/ame]. Note the functional "8-ball" (FDAI), digital clocks, MFD (soon to be moved to the location of the flight computer), and switches/dials. It's sort of a "TotalImmersion" rendition of the Apollo Lunar Module, the objective of which is to provide ease of accessibility/usage while still preserving the retro-looking Apollo/Skylab-era cockpit (a combination of NASSP-level functionality and AMSO-level aesthetics, if you will). And, by that measure, it's a smashing success. Although very much still in beta-mode, it's fun to fly, but it's also fun to mess with the switches/dials on the various panels--many of which are functional! Thanks to Hlynkacg for his hours of hard work put into this fantastic addon. It's highly recommended. :thumbup:

From the CDR position...

LMvc1.JPG

And from the LMP position...

LMvc2.JPG

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
"Urgh, that darn radiator gave me a bit of angular momentum..... " :rofl:

(the one being deployed is the P6 EECTS TTCR, the same one that will be deployed in the next few hours)

12.11.01%2019-46-08%20Ummu1.jpg

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No particular reason, but I just thought Id post some shots that I took flying my Shuttle-D to orbit last night. The stack uses a Themis LV without a fairing as the first stage, lifting the vehicle into a suborbital trajectory, with the Shuttle-D (hopefully) burning to SECO. It usually proves quite challenging, as the low thrust of the NTR engine makes it hard to gain all of the necessary orbital velocity before falling back into the atmosphere, but a good pilot can do it, and have 3-4 Kps Dv remaining when in orbit. I think it will be usefull as an Earth departure stage for interplanetary missions.

Liftoff from KSC

Gravity turn at ~20-30 km

Booster Sep. Core Themis stage usually runs for a minute or 2 longer before cutoff

Last edited:

Oceanic

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Having fun with the DG-IV

Attachments

• 12.11.01 01-23-18 Athena-01.jpg
    12.11.01 01-23-18 Athena-01.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 12.11.01 01-58-21 Athena-01.jpg
    12.11.01 01-58-21 Athena-01.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 12.11.01 16-20-31 Athena-01.jpg
    12.11.01 16-20-31 Athena-01.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 50

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Making alittle progress.

Attachments

• Tian1.jpg
    Tian1.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 104

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
A couple quick screenshots of the outstanding virtual cockpit of Hlynkacg's Spider Lunar Lander. Note the functional "8-ball" (FDAI), digital clocks, MFD (soon to be moved to the location of the flight computer), and switches/dials. It's sort of a "TotalImmersion" rendition of the Apollo Lunar Module, the objective of which is to provide ease of accessibility/usage while still preserving the retro-looking Apollo/Skylab-era cockpit (a combination of NASSP-level functionality and AMSO-level aesthetics, if you will). And, by that measure, it's a smashing success. Although very much still in beta-mode, it's fun to fly, but it's also fun to mess with the switches/dials on the various panels--many of which are functional! Thanks to Hlynkacg for his hours of hard work put into this fantastic addon. It's highly recommended. :thumbup:

From the CDR position...

LMvc1.JPG

And from the LMP position...

LMvc2.JPG

It feels a little odd seeing my work in someone else's screen shots.

I'm like "people actually download my stuff?!?" :blink: