Orbiter Screenshot Thread

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
STS-51-I, Discovery makes a rendezvous with Leasat-3:

tumblr_pn5sneNHoU1rpuj2so2_1280.png

tumblr_pn5sneNHoU1rpuj2so1_1280.png

Leasat-3 was deployed by Discovery on mission 51-D, but the satellite failed to spin up, deploy its antenna, and fire its kick motor, thus becoming stuck in LEO.

The scenario uses Shuttle Fleet 4.8 repainted with SSU textures, and was run in Orbiter 2010 P1.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Orbit OPS before rendezvous with the HST.

Attachments

• DRagon2_SAL orbit OPS.jpg
    DRagon2_SAL orbit OPS.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 74

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
https://pastebin.com/0Luv61gq

Sorry, where am I supposed to paste/copy those settings (which .cfg file)?

for the ambient occlusion to look properly the global preprocessor definitions in the ReShade.ini need to look like this:

https://pastebin.com/ugkgsGQ3

and the mxao.fx inside reshade-shaders/shaders must be edited to set MXAO_SMOOTHNORMALS and MXAO_TWO_LAYER to 1, and if you can spare some gpu juice you can set MXAO_ENABLE_IL to 1 as well.

Where can I locate the Reshade.ini file? I can't find it..

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score

You can also tune a planet appearance from the Atmospheric Controls Panel. To get something like in the screen shot you would need to reduce "Height" slider and "Gamma" slider from a rayleigh settings.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You can also tune a planet appearance from the Atmospheric Controls Panel. To get something like in the screen shot you would need to reduce "Height" slider and "Gamma" slider from a rayleigh settings.
Yes, but the entire atmosphere rendering needs a bit of an overhaul to get rid of the sharp edges that appears when the sun angle gets low as well as proper sunrise/set effects at ground level. This is nothing that ReShade can help with.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Reshade.ini can found in the Modules/Server subfolder.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I don't have such a file (not in Modules/Server or anywhere else in the Orbiter's folders) :shrug:
Note, that this Reshade.ini file is neither part of Orbiter nor part of D3D9Client, it belongs to Reshader (hence it's name ;) ).
Reshader has to be installed separately. It might be nice for you if you really want to change some DirectX renderings, but you do it on your own risk, as neither Martin nor any of the D3D9Client team is able to help you any further than: "uninstall reshader".

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Note, that this Reshade.ini file is neither part of Orbiter nor part of D3D9Client, it belongs to Reshader (hence it's name ;) ).
Reshader has to be installed separately. It might be nice for you if you really want to change some DirectX renderings, but you do it on your own risk, as neither Martin nor any of the D3D9Client team is able to help you any further than: "uninstall reshader".

Thanks kuddel, I am aware this is a third party addon which has nothing to do with D3D9 GC. I downloaded and installed Reshade (and added some custom settings to the effects) and it works. Still in the Modules/Server folder (or anywhere else) there is no trace of the ReShade.ini file...

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

STS-114 RPM over thw swiss alps as seen from the ISS

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks kuddel, I am aware this is a third party addon which has nothing to do with D3D9 GC.
O.K. Sorry, I wasn't aware that you were aware :thumbup:

I downloaded and installed Reshade (and added some custom settings to the effects) and it works. Still in the Modules/Server folder (or anywhere else) there is no trace of the ReShade.ini file...
I am not an expert on ReShade, but usually that file is where the executable is. So it should be either in "Modules/" or "Modules/Plugin/" as it doesn't seem to be in "Modules/Server/".

A search for "reshade" from your Orbiter root folder doesn't show up anything?

galleto

Reaction score
[/URL]

you have to download and install reshade 4 in the modules/server executable of orbiter, all config files will be inside modules/server. The config you can create it by copying that pastebyn into a text file and renaming it to whatever.ini, then place that in modules/server, and then open that file from inside the game, in the reshade menu. The default key for the menu is "home" I believe

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
An project working on: Molab with LM truck
Rx3b29y.jpg

If3roCr.jpg

bVETQvV.jpg

for 2010. I might see about 2016 and use General Vessel.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
The only mission in my Grand Explorations folder that I haven't flown successfully yet is Juno. Trying to fly this particular flight profile has been giving me fits, though I did manage to get this beautiful shot of Juno leaving Earth:

tumblr_pnu2nj2IEf1rpuj2so1_1280.png

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
As it happened from the Cupola. kinda:)

Attachments

• DM-1docking.jpg
    DM-1docking.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 109

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Bye bye Crew Dragon.

Attachments

• Fly around.jpg
    Fly around.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 74

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Go for undocking !

Attachments

• Go for undocking.jpg
    Go for undocking.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 85

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Updated the Nose cone and stuff.

Attachments

• DM_1nose.jpg
    DM_1nose.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Thundersnook

Reaction score
Updated the Nose cone and stuff.

I know I have said the same when playing my old Playstation (One!) as a kid, where you can count the polygons and such stuff, but dude ... This looks exactly like the real thing! Its awesome!:salute:
If you would've said it's an actual photograph of DM1, I would've bought it.