Problem orbiter sound linking errors

storm

Reaction score
Hi. I cannot compile any add-ons with Orbiter Sound 3.5 with VC++ 2008 or VC++ 2010 express editions, not even the example code that came with Orbiter Sound. I get the following linking errors:

Code:
1>OrbiterSoundSDK35.lib(MfdSoundSDK35.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual bool __thiscall MFD::ConsumeKeyBuffered(unsigned long)" (?ConsumeKeyBuffered@MFD@@UAE_NK@Z) already defined in orbiter.lib(Orbiter.exe)
1>OrbiterSoundSDK35.lib(MfdSoundSDK35.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual bool __thiscall MFD::ConsumeKeyImmediate(char *)" (?ConsumeKeyImmediate@MFD@@UAE_NPAD@Z) already defined in orbiter.lib(Orbiter.exe)
1>OrbiterSoundSDK35.lib(MfdSoundSDK35.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual void __thiscall MFD::WriteStatus(void *)const " (?WriteStatus@MFD@@UBEXPAX@Z) already defined in orbiter.lib(Orbiter.exe)
1>OrbiterSoundSDK35.lib(MfdSoundSDK35.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual void __thiscall MFD::ReadStatus(void *)" (?ReadStatus@MFD@@UAEXPAX@Z) already defined in orbiter.lib(Orbiter.exe)
1>OrbiterSoundSDK35.lib(MfdSoundSDK35.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual void __thiscall MFD::StoreStatus(void)const " (?StoreStatus@MFD@@UBEXXZ) already defined in orbiter.lib(Orbiter.exe)
1>OrbiterSoundSDK35.lib(MfdSoundSDK35.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual void __thiscall MFD::RecallStatus(void)" (?RecallStatus@MFD@@UAEXXZ) already defined in orbiter.lib(Orbiter.exe)

It appears Orbiter Sound is implementing some methods of the MFD class, and of course they are implemented in the orbiter.lib, and that's why the linker is complaining. What do?

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Try changing linking order of the libraries: orbiter.lib and sound lib