Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hi folks! You may post your ORBITER videos in this thread.

To embed a video into your post on the forum like this...

...simply copy the link of a video and paste it in your post, making sure the following option under the text editor is checked (it is by default):

Automatically embed media (requires automatic parsing of links in text to be on).

Enjoy! :tiphat:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Apollo 11: Remastered - An Orbiter Film

apollo11-rmx_screen.jpg

July 16, 1969 - Apollo 11 lifted off for the moon where history was made! This film is a remake of my original Apollo 11 release featuring Orbiter Space Flight Simulator and AMSO Apollo addon. Thanks for watching! :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS5HYznzw-k"]YouTube - 'Apollo 11: Remastered' - An Orbiter Film[/ame]

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Had goosebumps throughout the entire movie, Tex! It was like watching/simulating it for the first time!

Well done at the end - nice tribute for LazyD.

Assumed you used AMSO ver 1.16?

Thought your LOI fly by was intentional - looked cool!

:speakcool::speakcool: 2 thumbs UP!

:cheers:

myles

Reaction score
Holy Crap!!! What do you use to record and edit your videos??? AMAZING!!!

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks guys! :)

NukeET: Actually I did most of the filming nearly a month ago so I used AMSO v1.12 I think it was. Anyway, thanks for the comments!

Myles: Thanks mate. I record my videos with Fraps and I edit them with Sony Vegas 7.0

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Thanks guys! :)

NukeET: Actually I did most of the filming nearly a month ago so I used AMSO v1.12 I think it was. Anyway, thanks for the comments!

Only a month ago and I'll bet you were using v1.15.

Time to upgrade my friend - it you haven't already done so.

Take advantage of the improved textures!

:cheers:

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Very impressive, Tex.

How do you do the flyby sequences? Are you shooting from another vessel?

I'm going to have to parrot NukeET - AMSO 1.15's textures are greatly improved. You'd do them justice with the virtual camera work you're doing.

Encore! Bravo!

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks mate, I'm looking forward to trying the new AMSO next time I fire it up. :)

Cornflake

Reaction score
Had goosebumps throughout the entire movie, Tex!

Same here! :) Reminds me a lot of the Apollo 13 film... [It's my favorite movie :lol:], uses the same music score as that and flims the launch from multiple angles.. Absolutely touching but yet adrenaline pumping!

Once again, excellent Orbiter film.

EDIT: Here's a vid of the Apollo 13 film launch in case any of you haven't seen it :p

Reactions: Tex

Cornflake

Reaction score
Oh, wanted to add something else, Tex...

I decided to check out Sony Vegas that you use for video editing and I must say... wow. I've tried using Adobe Premiere Pro but it was pointless... Half the video formats I import didn't encode right, it wasn't compatible with DivX, incompatible with FRAPS videos and endless other things that kept me from using it. I had to use Ulead VideoStudio for the time being (more of an amateur application, but was still very nice).

Today I tried Sony Vegas 8 and it will be my video editing software from now on. It's amazing. It works perfectly with FRAPS, DivX, and nearly any other format I throw at it. It even was able to encode a version of the STS-120 Launch from a 1280x720 60FPS .MOV file into a 720p 60FPS DivX file with music flawlessly. I almost fell out of my chair. Tried the same thing with Premiere Pro and it was choppy, skipped about, had corrupted artifacts, and the music didn't even get encoded. Hell I even had to convert the MP3 of the song i was going to use to WAV before Premiere would even accept it.

So once again great videos and thanks for mentioning Vegas :speakcool:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
How much is vegas ?

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Oh, wanted to add something else, Tex...

I decided to check out Sony Vegas that you use for video editing and I must say... wow. I've tried using Adobe Premiere Pro but it was pointless... Half the video formats I import didn't encode right, it wasn't compatible with DivX, incompatible with FRAPS videos and endless other things that kept me from using it. I had to use Ulead VideoStudio for the time being (more of an amateur application, but was still very nice).

Today I tried Sony Vegas 8 and it will be my video editing software from now on. It's amazing. It works perfectly with FRAPS, DivX, and nearly any other format I throw at it. It even was able to encode a version of the STS-120 Launch from a 1280x720 60FPS .MOV file into a 720p 60FPS DivX file with music flawlessly. I almost fell out of my chair. Tried the same thing with Premiere Pro and it was choppy, skipped about, had corrupted artifacts, and the music didn't even get encoded. Hell I even had to convert the MP3 of the song i was going to use to WAV before Premiere would even accept it.

So once again great videos and thanks for mentioning Vegas :speakcool:

Hey Cornflake!

Firstly, thanks for your comments on my video...very sorry I missed them till now. Secondly, way to go getting Vegas! I personally love Vegas for many reasons including all that you mentioned above.

Adobe is a professional application needing class room time to learn how to use it properly. I learned this the hard way too. :lol: Vegas is alot more user friendly and compatiable, yet still able to render professional quality movies. You get what you pay for I guess, as this is by far the best video editing software I've ever used compared to Adobe, the free stuff, or other cheaper programs. Anyway, glad you like it too, good to see others switching over. :speakcool:

How much is vegas ?

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/product.asp?pid=457

$549.95 from Sony, you might find it cheaper on Amazon or ebay.