Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Orion SA deploy

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
A tribute to all the developers of Space Shuttle Ultra. Let me know if I missed any, I can add them to the Special Thanks list in the description.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Very cool! I especially liked this one since I've been doing a lot of solar system travels in Orbiter of late. Nice work! :thumbup:

YouTube - "Wild Card"-An Orbiter film
A tribute to all the developers of Space Shuttle Ultra. Let me know if I missed any, I can add them to the Special Thanks list in the description.

Great work there Pilot! I can really tell your skills have improved in Vegas. You had some nice effects and your timing with the music is much better. The only thing I didn't really like too much was the color tone of the video. I think accenting the blue atmosphere looks so good in Orbiter, but that is just my opinion, it's still a very nice video. :speakcool:

Bit of a scary landing there though. ;)

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Very cool! I especially liked this one since I've been doing a lot of solar system travels in Orbiter of late. Nice work! :thumbup:

Great work there Pilot! I can really tell your skills have improved in Vegas. You had some nice effects and your timing with the music is much better. The only thing I didn't really like too much was the color tone of the video. I think accenting the blue atmosphere looks so good in Orbiter, but that is just my opinion, it's still a very nice video. :speakcool:

Bit of a scary landing there though. ;)
Yes, I was just trying to go for a "realistic" shade, and light sepia seemed to do it. I'll try what you said though.
And yes, the landing was a little rough because the Atlantis landing scenario has a bit of a dangerous glidescope.
Thanks for the comment though.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score

This totally rocked my socks! I Love it!

TeddyJohn

Reaction score
I've finally intercepted a vessel in space.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryxI4H2D-eQ"]YouTube - Vanguard[/ame]

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wehaveaproblem.wordpress.com
Here you go, my latest film! *I don't think it's been processed in HD yet, so if HD is on and the video stops just turn HD off.

'Orbiter 2048' on Vimeo
Only just seen this Tex, that's alabour of love right there, nice one. Some lovely shots indeed. The XR2 beach flyby was one of my faves (2:10 I think), even if it was one of the most understated.

Kudos for another stunner.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey WHAP, thanks for your comments! Glad you liked this one, it took some hours to finish indeed. I need to render it again and re-upload it to Vimeo as something got corrupted in the HD version.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Earth to Mars - A TransX Flight Log by Tex

This film is a little bit different from my usual Orbiter films. Similar in the respect that I've used a nice soundtrack for the backgroud, but different in that I focus mainly in the cockpit of the DGIV. I really wanted to capture the magic that makes Orbiter, working the MFD's, navigating through space. The film is sped up in many places in the interest of keeping it reasonably short, but in order to get everything in the film it's still nearly 20 minutes.

Learning TransX myself only a few weeks ago, thanks to flytandem's video tutorials, this flight most certainly is not aimed at fuel effiency - rather speed with a total flight time of 3 months and 8 days! I hope you enjoy this one, it took many attempts to record a continuous flight to Mars and turned out being harder filming it than actually learning how to use TransX. :)

WATCH on Vimeo
DOWNLOAD - 365 MB

OR...

YouTube - 'Earth to Mars HD' (Part I) - An Orbiter Film
YouTube - 'Earth to Mars HD' (Part II) - An Orbiter Film

EDIT - I just realized I totally forgot to include Wideawake in the credits. Sorry WHAP!! I've still gotta render the video again for You Tube, so I will add you to the credits before doing that. :thumbup:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wehaveaproblem.wordpress.com
Need I say it again, nice one Tex! As a crappy pilot I appreciate this less than your usual as it is more practical than artistic, but a great feat nonetheless.

And no worries if you had missed WIN from the credits, you were only there for 30 secs out of 20minutes. What is more of a concern is the fact you used the domestic runway for launch... tut tut! How did you wangle that from the flight controllers?! ;)

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks guys! :cheers:

What is more of a concern is the fact you used the domestic runway for launch... tut tut! How did you wangle that from the flight controllers?! ;)

Haha, indeed!! When I was setting up the scenario it was originally dark and I didn't like how the runway you take-off from wasn't as lite up as the landing runways. Thinking the launch might be at dark for the film I decided to use the more visible runway. :)

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
hey Tex, since your approach to Mars was a hyperbolic orbit, wouldn't it be an Aerocapture instead of an Aerobrake?