Orbiter Video Thread

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Just got Fraps V3.2.3. and Sony Vegas 10 HD Platinum. All I gotta do now is figure out how to put them all together!!:facepalm:

I bought the normal version of vegas pro 10. Any difference??

Rob

STS-133 Lagacy of Discovery
Reaction score
I bought the normal version of vegas pro 10. Any difference??

I would imagine the High Definition bit my friend. :tiphat:

---------- Post added 12-15-10 at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was 12-14-10 at 08:28 PM ----------

Right, I'm using Fraps and have the movie record size as full screen recording at 60fps. I just recorded a 10 minute segment of Orbiter and it came out at 6.5Gb which is quite a hefty chunk of Drive space. For video's to upload on O-F is this a bit extreme and should I reduce the FPS and screen size down a little?

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
{...} I just recorded a 10 minute segment of Orbiter and it came out at 6.5Gb which is quite a hefty chunk of Drive space. For video's to upload on O-F is this a bit extreme and should I reduce the FPS and screen size down a little?

That sounds about right. That is the RAW footage mind you. You import that raw footage into Sony Vegas, then do your editing, then render the finished movie into a compressed format like .mp4 or Divx for example.

Also, I record at 30 fps. Recording does require some free HDD space and you will get better performance if you record to a separate hard drive from the one that is running Orbiter.

Rob

STS-133 Lagacy of Discovery
Reaction score
That sounds about right. That is the RAW footage mind you. You import that raw footage into Sony Vegas, then do your editing, then render the finished movie into a compressed format like .mp4 or Divx for example.

Also, I record at 30 fps. Recording does require some free HDD space and you will get better performance if you record to a separate hard drive from the one that is running Orbiter.

Yeah thanks Tex.

I was thinking maybe it would be better to get an external hard drive. There are some good 500Gb - 1Tb drives I can get for around 40-50 quid.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
No problem. Can't say that I've tried recording to an external HDD. I suppose if it's fast you shouldn't have a problem, but I didn't think an external was faster than an internal SATA. :shrug:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
This should probably be in here....

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
One of the nicest videos I've seen on here. Was hoping for a rocket-eye view of the booster sep, but great job none the less.

TeddyJohn

Reaction score
This video was made using an old flight sim on my old laptop
[ame="http://vimeo.com/26014849"]Flight time on Vimeo[/ame]

Last edited:

rseferino

Orbiter amateur filmmaker
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

With this flight, I finished the quick exploration of the solar system (Cassini, Galileo, Voyager, Mariner 10, Voyage-Ares ...). Good exercise for interplanetary navigation.

I wish someone could make the Orion and Deadalus as they appear in the book Cosmos, would be interesting to put a star and try to come.

Last edited:

FeLUX

Reaction score
I have took a video of a race at Orbiter Multiplayer:

Carmen A

redneck kitten with pillow :3
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
v149th.yolasite.com
This is my first time in Orbiter after playing other ... less complex games for several years.

1. My first foray into supermaneuverability in the XR2. I will probably do a remake of this one using the hi res texture pack.

2. My first orbital interception. I can't read the orbit / sync, etc instruments so I flew it by eye like an aircraft. Erm, Japanese anime style :p

supersonic

Add-on Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
fsxpilots.webs.com
My newest video Hubble.
[ame="http://vimeo.com/18485744"]Hubble on Vimeo[/ame]

Last edited:

Carmen A

redneck kitten with pillow :3
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
v149th.yolasite.com
Carmen's School of Supermaneuverability (Russian Style)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhFcN2-07OI"]YouTube - Top Gun over Ascension Island II[/ame]

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Well, I made another quick video last night! A lot of you know about agentgonzo's incredible Kennedy Space Center to Ascension Island flight playback available on Orbithangar which he made while participating in the Orbiter Racing League. The playback only works on Orbiter 2006-P1 and I loved watching it, so I thought I would record the playback and edit it into a short video. Although the entire flight takes 19 minutes and 58 seconds in real time, I sped the video up by 3x keeping the length closer to 6 minutes.

Consider traveling from Florida to the Southern Atlantic in only 19 minutes! :blink::hail:

WATCH on You Tube (HD available)

OR

DOWNLOAD and keep the video in full HD [109 MB]

marooder86

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well, ... The playback only works on Orbiter 2006-P1 ...
I'm pretty sure this playback does work for Orbiter 2010 v. 100830 because I've watched it yesterday night and haven't noticed any problems.