Orbiter Video Thread

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Thanks Rock!

Bud Spencer and Terence Hill are part of my childhood! Unfortunatly Bud Spencer passed away some years ago..

Nikogori

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
orbinautjp.github.io

Trekkie

Starfleet Head of Ship Design
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Cloaking effect looks a little bit abrupt, and a sound effect would be nice.

Thank you for bringing these star trek ships to orbiter universe. I always liked these Romulan ships... I still can't believe Romulus simply doesn't exist anymore.

i am testing 2 modes, this fast one and a slower one, im not sure if i can add a soundtrack to a spacecraft4 ship with the animation, ill read into that.. i do have the soundtrack of cloaking and decloaking :)

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Upcomming Mckinely Type Station for the Galaxy and Nebula Class :hailprobe::hailprobe::hailprobe::hailprobe:

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As a bit of a companion piece to the recent videos from CuriousMarc about the Apollo 10 LGC software I made a video showing how well Luminary 69, the AGC software flown in the Apollo 10 LM, is able to land on the Moon and hopefully pointing out all the interesting differences to Apollo 11 for an automatic and a manual landing.

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
A few weeks ago, as one of the items on my tasklist to resurrect my simgroup, I performed a "Generic Mission" using SSU on it´s latest status as of the latest nigthly. This mission is to be performed regularly by our shuttle astronauts to "keep current" on shuttle knowledge.

This videos are taken from two streams I did on https://twitch.tv/orbisondas

They are in spanish, but I hope that you learn something about how to operate SSU on a full mission on it´s current version.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h631SJl-DVY[/ame]

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
What an embarrassment with the ODS.

Why didn't you use the Unity module ?

Last edited:

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es

Yeah.
Well, didn´t thought about using Unity for this mission. This one is not intended to be exactly realistic, it´s just for practising procedures.

But for our first mission to this station, maybe by the end of this year, we will make a very similar mission to STS-88.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

That is why it is called a nightly build. At least we can now finally file some tickets what should get fixed before the official release. :shrug:

0rbiter X

Reaction score
What would a trip to another solar system look like? (click in the subs to english translate)

Thanks for all addons made by orbiternauts around world

Last edited:

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
My turn my turn !!! :lol:

This was the recording of my last mission, landing at the SLF runway 15. I added the footage of the STS-131 mission.
I was too lazy to find a mission where they landed on the 15, so instead you'll hear runway 33 lol

To get that level of zoom, I used this addon

Enjoy :)

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is that Zbuffering problem at the end ?

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Testing a different way to animate mmu meshes in Orbiter. Worked quite well. Tutorial coming soon.

Having some fun with this. Also fixed the blinking issue (kinda). I've already contacted Dan, to see if he is interested in adding this in the UMmu update.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExbukwgH-Iw"]YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Landing on the Moon with the software flown on Apollo 9.

This is a byproduct of the reconstruction of Sundance 306, the Apollo 9 Lunar Module software. Originally the AGC developers were just working on one set of LM software. In late 1967 they basically split development in two parts, one software for the lunar landing mission called Luminary and the other for Earth orbit manned test flights of the LM, called Sundance. I think the earlier version was already called Sundance, so Luminary was branched off from that. They had already worked a lot on the descent guidance code before the split, so Sundance already had landing code. They never did any more changes to it after the split I believe, so Sundance has the earliest AGC lunar landing code that we found so far. Only an earlier Sundance version would have something from earlier, but the earlier you get the less likely it is that it was already working.

But this version can definitely land! There are a bunch of bugs, some orbital parameter displays are broken in lunar orbit, some flags have to be set manually, but other than these obstacles, the Apollo 9 software would have been able to land on the Moon. And that code had just been left in there since more than a year before Apollo 9 flew.

I'll have at least one more video about Sundance, as there are some other interesting programs in there that were deleted from Luminary before any of the Luminary versions we have. It is onboard programs to calculate the lunar liftoff time for the LM, so the time of ignition to start the ascent to the CSM for rendezvous. During the actual moon landing this time was only calculated by mission control and given to the astronauts to write down.