Orbiter Video Thread

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score

The AGC software flown on the AS-202 mission has been recovered. The first flight of any Apollo Guidance Computer! It was recovered by @thewonderidiot using his Block I rope reader, by reading the data out of the actual rope modules that were flown on the mission. Naturally I had to get the mission working in NASSP, as I already did with Apollo 4 and 6. So here is the mission, from launch to main chute deployment.

It is using a branched off version of NASSP that I created 2 years ago to fly Apollo 4 and 6, so it is missing many updates that were done to NASSP since then. As I say in the video description, I have not created any meshes and textures to recreate a Block I CSM visually. That is beyond my skill set. So this branch just has all the modifications to the SCS and AGC peripherals to be able to fly the mission. Or rather, let the AGC software and the mission control programer (MCP) fly the mission :D

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
More Apollo stuff:
It´s time again for a Real Time Simulation, this time, for Apollo 10. Since march I´ve been intensively training during just two months for an attempt on May 18th, respecting the historical launch date, and first one from LC-39B.

Will my rushed training pay off? You are all invited!

Best regards.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I think I'm going to leave it with the temporary code for now (copy and paste from ShuttlePB which does work) until I get my own RCS system working.

Note that KILLROT will fail if the thrusters positionning is a bit "exotic", which is often the case with spacecraft of the heroic age ! It assumes everything is perfectly symmetric I think.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Note that KILLROT will fail if the thrusters positionning is a bit "exotic", which is often the case with spacecraft of the heroic age ! It assumes everything is perfectly symmetric I think.
You're right. So what I did is I copied the code of the RCS from ShuttlePB (thank god it's free software and I can learn from the code) and I added escape effects to it to see the exact position of the RCS that works fine from the ShuttlePB. The result... well it's pretty amazing: it seems that the ShuttlePB that comes with Orbiter doesn't have the RCS aligned either.

-----------EDIT-------------

Last edited:

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
It's alive!

First flight test of the HR1.
I learned animations, and a bit of aerodynamics, although I reused code from the DeltaGlider since I don't know aerodynamic math.
I was also able to implement a virtual cabin for the first time, now the MFDs need to work, which for now are decorative.

------------------------------

Work in progress. Crew and VC in somewhat working order. My additions to Doug's code are abominable... but hey, it works (sort of). Will definitely need to get Coolhand's permission for a release though.

It's great!
Let's cross our fingers!

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
After two years of Apollo missions in real time every almost 6 months, and after completing Apollo 7, 8, 9 and 10, I am ready for the big one. Apollo 11, the mission that we all know, that attempted the first landing on the moon, will lift off in my YouTube channel on november 14th at 08:32 UTC.

As always, you are all invited!!

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
Well, after encountering many obstacles with the development of the Valkyrie, I started a new project that I loved, the KleinVision flying car. This is the first test of animations and control surfaces. Obviously many mesh and programming details still need to be polished, but I will do it over time.

It will be perfect for flying over and visiting the @LordCroussette scenarios.

LordCroussette

Quebec City's Resident Base Builder
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Well, after encountering many obstacles with the development of the Valkyrie, I started a new project that I loved, the KleinVision flying car. This is the first test of animations and control surfaces. Obviously many mesh and programming details still need to be polished, but I will do it over time.

It will be perfect for flying over and visiting the @LordCroussette scenarios.
that's cool! how well does it drive & fly?