Project OrbiterStudio 0.1

alrik

Alrik
Reaction score
¿Can someone test this thing?

http://www.wargamesweb.net/files/orbiterStudio02.zip

It's just a little remote data extractor from orbconnect. But i need to know if there are problems with the miles separator. In my country we use the dot (.) and to separate the float we use the coma (,) I dont know if this will be a problem...

Another question...

¿How could I draw the orbit on the map?

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
¿Can someone test this thing?

http://www.wargamesweb.com/files/orbiterStudio01.zip

It's just a little remote data extractor from orbconnect. But i need to know if there are problems with the miles separator. In my country we use the coma (,) and I dont know if this will be a problem...

Another question...

¿How could I draw the orbit on the map?
It says that it can't find the page...

As for separators--if you're using the standard functions, they should automatically determine what the user locale is and format numbers accordingly.

alrik

Alrik
Reaction score
Sorry the bad linking... now is corrected :)

I expect that... with the standard functions... but i'm not sure xD anyway could be another lot of errors...

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Doesn't really work (see attached)... The numbers are very large and all over the place.

Also, be aware that some OrbConnect messages will be changing in the new release. The latest source can be downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/projects/orbconnect/

Attachments

• orbstudio.png
    orbstudio.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 44

alrik

Alrik
Reaction score
Im going to try to solve the number problem... see? xD i was right... in my language it works ok.

tblaxland thanks for the map orbits info i'm going to try make this.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Im going to try to solve the number problem... see? xD i was right... in my language it works ok.

tblaxland thanks for the map orbits info i'm going to try make this.
This is an unexpected problem-- Orb:Connect outputs data as being separated by commas, and if comma is also used as the decimal separator, then you'll end up with data looking like this:
"25,25,35,35"

which is really two numbers, "25,25" and "35,35", but the parser would have no way of knowing the difference between that and the case with four numbers "25" "25" "35" and "35"...

Moreover, what about accessing a server running on a Spanish locale from a computer running an English locale? That would also be problematic...

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Moreover, what about accessing a server running on a Spanish locale from a computer running an English locale? That would also be problematic...
Ouch, how much code will you break by switching to a different delimiter (eg, semi-colon)?

alrik

Alrik
Reaction score
Dont worry dont worry the problem has been resolved with 2 lines...

On the main class->

System::Globalization::CultureInfo^ cultureInfo = System::Globalization::CultureInfo::GetCultureInfo("en-US");
System::Threading::Thread::CurrentThread->CurrentCulture = cultureInfo;

I've decided to use the english decimal separator because orbconnect uses it.

Before that i've been using a function to change the dot for the comma... so that was my error. Not much code to change but... it's a little crappy...

yagni01

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ouch, how much code will you break by switching to a different delimiter (eg, semi-colon)?
Ouch is right. Considerable. The problem is that it already uses semicolon, as well, to separate groupings/structs when there is more than one (vesselstatus is a good example). Must ponder.

alrik

Alrik
Reaction score
yagni01 the problem can be solved if you split the returned string by the commas and then the result array can be parsed to change the dot to comma and so...

Big amount of code? well... thats why I asked here to test the program... right now there arent so much code... but... in the future there will be a lot... so could be a big problem change all those parsed strings...

As yagni01 says the best is to ponder what amount of code everyone have. Just to avoid future problems...

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
yagni01 the problem can be solved if you split the returned string by the commas and then the result array can be parsed to change the dot to comma and so...
Which is fine if OrbConnect is serving up data using decimal points. But what if, like Hielor suggests, the OrbConnect server is sitting on a machine in Europe somewhere spitting out numbers with commas in them?

alrik

Alrik
Reaction score
I'm in Spain right now and my server has the spanish translation and OrbConnect continues sending me the data with the decimal dot separator. Why should it change in other countries?

Anyway the second version with corrected decimal problem:

Hielor when will be the next OrbConnect release? (Remember to add my php-class to extract data on the docs!! it still works very well xD)

I've made an sourceforge project with all the code and so on (GPLv3). Help needed.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/orbiterstudio/

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm in Spain right now and my server has the spanish translation and OrbConnect continues sending me the data with the decimal dot separator. Why should it change in other countries?
That's odd that it's still spitting out with the period as the decimal separator; I would've expected it to change. This should probably be tested a little more extensively on other locales to make sure it's always true; if not, we should probably do something in OrbConnect to always clamp it to the EN-US locale for the purposes of standardization.

Anyway the second version with corrected decimal problem:

I've made an sourceforge project with all the code and so on (GPLv3). Help needed.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/orbiterstudio/
I'll take a look when I get home.

Hielor when will be the next OrbConnect release? (Remember to add my php-class to extract data on the docs!! it still works very well xD)
You'd have to ask yagni--as far as I know there's no current planned release. Currently, development on Orb:Connect is proceeding concurrently with development on RemoteMFD--as we add things to RemoteMFD we notice things that are needed in OrbConnect.

alrik

Alrik
Reaction score
Ok I'm making this project mainly to learn so no hurries...

My final objective it's to make an orbitMFD more or less acurate... And more information for the people of my country who likes to make virtual flights like the old simnasa.

I have to say that OrbConnect it's really more stable that it's predecessor OUIPC.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ok I'm making this project mainly to learn so no hurries...

My final objective it's to make an orbitMFD more or less acurate... And more information for the people of my country who likes to make virtual flights like the old simnasa.

I have to say that OrbConnect it's really more stable that it's predecessor OUIPC.
OrbitMFD? Or MapMFD?

If you're looking for OrbitMFD, CJP made an excellent open-source version, which has been ported into the RemoteMFD codebase to work externally via Orb:Connect.

yagni01

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You'd have to ask yagni--as far as I know there's no current planned release. Currently, development on Orb:Connect is proceeding concurrently with development on RemoteMFD--as we add things to RemoteMFD we notice things that are needed in OrbConnect.
No, nothing planned, but if this is an issue, I'll see what I can do before I go on vacation next month.

alrik

Alrik
Reaction score
Ok hielor i will take a look to the Open Source OrbitMFD my MapMFD it's mostly done just needs draw the track on the map, and calculate the second pass. People of my country is helping me with this task.

No worries this project it's not as serious like remoteMFD.

I have a question about the Visual C++ CLR of .NET how can I center a drawing with RotateTranslation?

I've tried anyway looking in google or so... and nothing :S