Project Orion MPCV

Reaction score
Also, for some reason I'm going to see if I can get the Orange Astro thing to work with my scenarios, but I need a link or some way to get the zip file.

Reaction score
Randomly found this thing where when I look down a bit, the texture just changed. Here's some photos, see below.

Attachments

• Screenshot (63).png
    Screenshot (63).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot (64).png
    Screenshot (64).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Also, for some reason I'm going to see if I can get the Orange Astro thing to work with my scenarios, but I need a link or some way to get the zip file.
Here is the orange astroguy. Back up the orion-astro.msh file

Attachments

• orangecrewmesh.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Can somebody give me the zip file for the black tiles, I'ma make sure I have the right thing?
The black texture can be found on Post #34, where we initially thought the black Orion CM would only be applied to EFT-1, but turns out also be the default color to all Artemis flights as well
Did you download the file from #34 and install in the default textures folder? It will override the white Orion tiles. I have it attached here also. If you want the white back it up.
I get this for Orion at ISS

Attachments

• Textures black.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Orionblacktile.jpg
    Orionblacktile.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 12

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Looking at "Screenshot(60)" here, it looks like the Textures are in "Scenarios\Orion-MPCV-15\Textures" which is definitely wrong.
The Zip might not have been "packaged well" (no "main folder" in ZIP, just Textures, Scenarios, Meshes, etc...)

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes. It looks like it is wrong. That would explain several things

Reaction score
Did you download the file from #34 and install in the default textures folder? It will override the white Orion tiles. I have it attached here also. If you want the white back it up.
I get this for Orion at ISS
I think I didn't install in the default textures folder, but I'm going to see if I can get the tiles. By using everybody's suggestions so far.

Reaction score
For some reason the texture still doesn't load after putting it in the default textures folder for Orbiter.

Reaction score
I'm still getting the same "glitch" thing I have, I said something about this on post #383 and the black textures aren't loading still.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok. Post an screen shot of your textures. It should be in Orbiter2016/textures

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Looks good. So when you run the Orion at ISS what do you see?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Actually, for most of the flight, Orion will sport reflective mylar foil blankets, similar to the lunar Apollo CMs. The back tiles will only be visible as the mylar foil burns away during entry.
Here's a photo Orion before it moved to the Multi-Payload Processing Facility (MPPF) to be loaded with the hypergolic propellants it will use during the mission: https://flic.kr/p/2ks9rFu Note the mylar foil on the tiles. The few tiles that lack the mylar foil will have it applied once the propellant loading has finished.