Pictures of the Chinese 5th gen J-20 fighter leaked.

Carmen A

redneck kitten with pillow :3
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
v149th.yolasite.com

marooder86

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Who are they want to fool with this cartoon mock-up:lol:. If pilot would accidentally fully open the drag schute, it would rip off the whole back of that thing:lol:.

And now little more seriously. For me, and not only me it looks nothing like Raptor, PAK FA or F-35. It's concept is strongly similar to MIG 1.44 prototype but "pimped out". Maybe they didn't even "borrowed" the constuction plans but simply bught it from Mikoyan bureau. There are some similarities to F-22 like the front, canopy and air intakes. Also it looks like it has rudders similar to those from F-35 but thats mostly all. Now the things that bothers. I've read that it's air intakes were designed as DSI(Divertless Intake) which cannot allow to reach speeds above 1.8 Ma, which is rather poor for a fighter. As for water drop shaped like canopy, it requires special technology and material to make it, otherwise it won't withstand supersonic flight. Thats why most of planes have it divided into two parts. Well maybe Chinese mastered this technology but there is no way to find out until this plane will make supersonic flight. Also on the pictures it looks like it's mostly finished plane and not like a technology demonstrator. Just look at the T-50 pictures it looks like was assemled fom many different parts:) because there are still measurments and tests going on.
China is ambitious developing country and it's good for them they are trying to make a 5th generation fighter and good for us, cause we can watch another good piece of egineering:). But personally I think there's still a long way for them to achieve this goal. Oh, and hull, even the flying one is less then half of success. You still need proper, strong enough engines and complex avionics which are not so trivial to develop.