News Plane makes crazy emergency landing!!!

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Dodgy nose-gear? Looks safe, emergency services didn't show up quickly though?

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Looks like a good landing despite the circumstances, it even seems like they attempted to bring the propellers out of danger before touchdown. I would say a complete engine failure with loss of hydraulics, with the nose gear failing to lock. I can't see much details, but I would estimate that the owner of the plane just managed save himself a few thousand bucks.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
It is a Cessna 310 (developed in the early 1950's).

Beside what the majority of journalists say and write, not each unscheduled landing is an emergency landing (no matter if it happens on an airport our outside of an airport). In this case it was a safety landing, because the airplane still was airworthy. The pilot realized that the nose gear did not fully deploy. He decided to continue to fly for less than an hour to burn off fuel, before turning back to the Van Nuys Airport for the safety landing.

JamesG

Orbinaut
Reaction score
It was a really good landing. He had the presence of mind to bump the port prop around until it was horizontal (saved himself several thousand dollars) and kept the plane flaired for several seconds after touchdown to bleed off some speed.