Please don't be angry...

Jax6213

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
...but I have a question and I know better enough to know without a doubt that this sort of question is considered being rude, but please try to view it as me actually asking a question AND not trying, nor attempting to be rude at all. I've been a Orbiter users since 2004, and I have nothing but the total, and absolute respect of the orbiter creator, and add on makers, and the community as a whole, so please see my question as a simple query.

Thanks.

When will the next version of Orbiter be out? I say this not expecting a date or time. I just want to know if another version is in the works. I ask just out of honest curiosity. The current version of Orbiter is wonderful, and even magical as far as simulators go, and if orbiter 2006 was indeed the last version, then I could, and would be satisfied with that, but I just wanted to ask.

Thank you all for putting up with this question. i know from the past this sort of question annoyed the crap out of people, and made it seem like the asker did not appreciate the hard work that's gone into this wonderfully free simulator, and how dare they place expectations on the creator of the simulator. I am not asking in that manner, nor placing any expectations on Martin and company.

I've been out of work for the 1st time in years, and I have been a little out of touch with Orbiter and the community itself.

Thanks

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
When will the next version of Orbiter be out?
A lot of politeness... Can provoke same feelings as the total lack of it...
Just a thought.

As the new version concerned, it's being worked on, there are some nice progress on one dimension, a lack of it on the other, and a regress on yet another.

There is no release date fixed, and no expected one within "give or take a year" accuracy range.

There are still some rather incomplete parts in one of the major changes you may notice if you go around the public beta version and OVP discussion forum, that, considering your level of interest in the topic, will be no problem for you to find.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It will come out when we go a month without anyone asking about it.

Alternately, it will come out at the same time that I start dating again, which is to say: "no one knows."

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
We are not sure about the exact release date for Orbiter, although it might be 2008, most likely it will be 2009. There have been a number of issues that have held up the development of the next Orbiter.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
We are not sure about the exact release date for Orbiter, although it might be 2008, most likely it will be 2009. There have been a number of issues that have held up the development of the next Orbiter.

Orbiter 2050... we all would look like him... :lol::cheers:

images

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
To me, all that matters is that the next Orbiter is getting released. And hopefully Martin takes his time to do what he wants and makes sure there are no bugs in the software - like you find at other projects that get pressured for time.

In the mean time, there are tons of new cool add-ons being released by 3rd party authors that make Orbiter more interesting every day :)