Posted this about a month ago and no reply so here it goes

Reaction score
I got out of NASSP for a while and just have decided to get back into it.
I have everything up and running so far however I am having an issue and I do not know if this is a direction change in the builds or a legitmate issue

I come from the FS community FS2004 and FSX and bought several mods that were what I consider " procedural" or had systems modelled out further than FS and flew these aircraft from 2D panels ( Think captain sim c130 project concorde level D 767 etc ) This is where my problem comes in I came to NASSP and learned to work within orbiter on the 2d panel system and am quite comfortable doing so however with the latest build NASSP-V8.0-Beta-Orbiter2016-1682 FDAI 1&2 have off flags and fly to bars and have shading to indicate they are a sphere but they do not have any markings and just solid white. Please note that there are no other texture issues just with the FDAI's

so my 2 questions are
1 is this a legitimate bug ?
2 is this the result of the direction to move to a "flying from the VC" direction that I feel this is going and I should get over it and learn to fly missions from the VC ?

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is this how it looks like?

R0lZeYd.png

This sounds like the problem a few people had when setting up the texture folder link in the Orbiter config file. If you have a separate NASSP install from your main Orbiter 2016 one and link to the main Orbiter 2016 install in your NASSP install config then Orbiter ONLY uses the textures from the TextureDir you are linking to. The picture above was taken with the FDAI texture file deleted.

I don't have the separate texture folder, but I think the way to fix it is to copy the NASSP texture folder over to your main Orbiter 2016 install, or wherever the TextureDir is linking to.

The 2D panel is still the main way to use NASSP, it will be a long time until support for it will be dropped in favour of the VC.

Reaction score
Thats what I have done is I updated the textures to the main directory
path to the main C:\Users\Jon\Documents\OrbiterMain\Textures
my beta NG config file
; === Subdirectory locations
TextureDir = C:\Users\Jon\Documents\OrbiterMain\Textures\

Deep dove the main textures and FDAI .dds files are present so

Reaction score
Update : I was able to resolve this
I just copied and pasted the Project Apollo textures folder into both the main and the beta installation texture folder. I am wondering if there isnt something in the NASSP coding for this but it seems resolved as so far