Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I have been gone for one week(and 1 day), and there has been 197 posts!!!

Nice forum guys! :)

:cheers:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Weeeeeee! Congrats everyone, again without you guys this place would be a ghost town. Thank you!! :)

The way a few people have been commenting over at M6 saying things like they have no interest in posting there anymore after certain events makes me wonder if they've given up on Orbiter forum talk all together or maybe they'll find this place eventually. It's a tough spot to be in having to moderate certain members on a forum like the moderators had to do recently over at M6. If it was me I would have handled it differently and informed the members more about the action taken, but it wasn't me so I really have no place at all to even talk about it. My hope is that this forum will be a great place for ALL to share their Orbiter and off-topic stories etc. without the critism that serves no constructive purpose. As a film maker myself I've had to learn how to accept constructive critism, but what I saw over at M6 from a couple of members (one of which has been banned already) was rude and far from anything constructive. I hate to ban anyone, though if it comes to it I wouldn't hesitate to do so. I'm also against deleting threads. If a thread creates a problem then I just close it. Deleting it and not even telling people isn't very good moderating practice imho. Bottom line, keep it clean and fun and ANYONE can really enjoy a forum. There will always be a bad apple, but it's up to the staff to handle it how they best see fit.

PS: On another note, I've already lifted the ban on Mr. Sigursæll of this forum. The ban was in effect for a week. I believe in second chances so as long as it stays clean with no country bashing or personal attacks on forum members then he is welcome to stay.

RichWall

Sage Brush
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's nice to come here for a bit of fresh air, I tell you! whoo

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks Rich, I try and promote that sort of atmosphere as best as possible. ;)

Kendo

Reaction score
Great to have you here RichWall.;)

unussapiens

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nickgrant.id.au
Going back to some of the comments at M6, which I do not like at all (The videos are great, keep it up Tin), all we can hope for is that none of it spreads over here.

But anyway, congratulations on the post count. It would be interesting to compare ours with M6's.

M6
Average of 46.58 posts per member

Orbiter-Forum
Average of 19.95 post per member

Not quite as spectacular, but if we compare post per member per month (Yes, I am just manipulating the numbers to make us look better, but it worked)

M6
Average of 2.03 post per user per month

Orbiter-Forum
Average of 19.95 posts per user per month

Ten times that of M6

And of course, where would we be without Tex. Once again, thanks for setting up this forum.

Keep up the good work guys.

Last edited:

Chipstone306

Reaction score
Great forum ! My wife is hating the creator though lol
spending way tooooo much time here he he he
everbody is contributing greatly!

off topic who is the pic of in your avatar tex?

Hnorm

Reaction score
Website
www.thealthing.com
This place seems more...for a lack of a better word, "relaxing" than the forum at M6. Too much people with nothing better to do but turn constructive debates into ad hominem flinging competitions over there. I've always thought starting a new, smaller forum might help this. Your host also appears to be more reliable than M6 so far. Thanks, and, great job!