Question Problem Viewing .avi Trans X Tutorials

othoudt

Reaction score
I'm trying to learn Trans X and I downloaded the tutorial .avi files but all I get is the audio and no video. I used GOM Player, Windows Media Player, and Power DVD with the same result-no video. GOM Player works great with all the other .avi files I have ever opened with it but no luck with the Trans X tutorials. Any suggestions?

othoudt

Reaction score
OK, so I need to use VLC media player but here's my next problem; the computer I have at home and run orbiter on is not connected to the Internet, it is a dedicated gaming machine, a stand alone complex and is impervious to Cylon hacking. When I attempted to d/l VLC to my flash drive all I got was a 330kb setup program that requires an Internet connection. Is there a way to get the full d/l of VLC that can be put on a flash drive? Thanks.

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
OK, so I need to use VLC media player but here's my next problem; the computer I have at home and run orbiter on is not connected to the Internet, it is a dedicated gaming machine, a stand alone complex and is impervious to Cylon hacking. When I attempted to d/l VLC to my flash drive all I got was a 330kb setup program that requires an Internet connection. Is there a way to get the full d/l of VLC that can be put on a flash drive? Thanks.
Cylon hacking? I thought that only occurred in Battlestar Galactica... :p

Do you have a machine with an internet connection? The only thing I can think of is doing a full download on your internet machine, then manually moving the folders to your flash drive. And then, of course, manually remove the folders from the flash into your gaming machine.