Problem with Linker

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi! I wrote simple MFD, but I can't compile it.
First, linker showed me that he can't open library msvcirt.lib So, I found a directory of this library and I added it to VC++ directories. Now, when I'm trying to compile it, I have this error:

Code:
1>MSVCRT.lib(ti_inst.obj) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'

I added this library to ignored, but it doesn't work.
I have VC++ 2005 Express SP1. I don't know what should I do to compile this MFD.

Anybody know what's wrong?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You're supposed to ignore that lib. So go to the Project Properties>Linker>Input and add msvcirt.lib to the field where it says Ignore Specific Library.

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I did it, but it doesn't work. There is a screen with configuration of my VC for this project:

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I did it, but it doesn't work. There is a screen with configuration of my VC for this project:

You need the name of the libraries only one time, if you are statically linking, take out libcmt.lib from the ignore list, and add in msvcrt.lib.

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok. I configured compiler with this article on OrbiterWiki and I have some unresolved extensions. I'll try to repair it.

Thanks for help. If I have a problem with libs, I'll write in this thread :)

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok. I configured compiler with this article on OrbiterWiki and I have some unresolved extensions. I'll try to repair it.

Thanks for help. If I have a problem with libs, I'll write in this thread :)

Make sure you have included the orbitersdk.lib and orbiter.lib inside your project.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
I also get unresolved symbols when ignoring msvcrt.lib. The problem with libcmt.lib is "only" a warning though.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I also get unresolved symbols when ignoring msvcrt.lib. The problem with libcmt.lib is "only" a warning though.

If you are statically linking, then msvcrt.lib should be ignored, and libcmt.lib should not be ignored. I am not sure if the express editions of Microsoft's compilers allow static linking however.

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Now, everything is ok. Problem was with 64bit libs on Platform SDK directory. I replaced them to another folder except Platform SDK and now it works :)