Hardware Problem with mouse in external view

Marcindzn

Reaction score
Hello,
I have some problem with mouse in external view (Orbiter 2010). When I click right button mouse and move it to rotate the view the view is still rotating even if i stop moving mouse.
Problem occurs on new laptop. Orbiter is clean. I havn't install any suspecious stuff which can be a virus or something. Mouse is laser and wireless. On my old laptop she works fine. i
My computer sec:

Windows 10
i5 8250U
8 gb RAM
Intel UHD 620
GeForce MX150

Plese help me to fix this problem

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I'm seeing the same issue -- not sure what causes it.

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
I have never seen this, so it's going to be tough to debug.

Does this only happen with Orbiter 2010, or also with 2016?
Does it happen every time, or just sometimes?

One thing to note: Orbiter hides the mouse on rotation, otherwise the system stops sending mouse events when the mouse reaches the edge of the screen, thus stopping the rotation. Could this be a driver issue that has something to do with an "edge effect" of some sort? In other words, does this problem also occur when you end the rotation before the mouse reaches the edge (you have to anticipate the mouse movement since you can't see it).

Also, when the rotation continues erroneously, does the mouse pointer reappear?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Might be related, but on very rare occasions the mouse disappears completely inside the Orbiter window, and even closing the simulation and returning to the launch pad doesn't make it appear. I have seen this in Orbiter 2010 and 2016.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
@Marcindzn is your old laptop also running Windows 10? I'm wondering if the issue is Windows 10-specific (I'm running Windows 10 x64).

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know this phenomenon, and it had a very logical explanation, but of course I forgot what it was exactly, having encountered it years ago.
I think it had something to do with the invisible cursor moving over a dialog window that then received focus, but the cursor didn't reappear because of that. Neither did orbiter get the release of the right mouse button as it was sent to the dialog box. Something like that I think.

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
I know this phenomenon, and it had a very logical explanation, but of course I forgot what it was exactly, having encountered it years ago.
I think it had something to do with the invisible cursor moving over a dialog window that then received focus, but the cursor didn't reappear because of that. Neither did orbiter get the release of the right mouse button as it was sent to the dialog box. Something like that I think.

I think I have seen the problem of the cursor remaining invisible before, but I am not sure it is related to the OP's problem. The "disappeared cursor" problem is so rare (at least for me) that I haven't managed yet to investigate it. The idea of the hidden cursor moving over a dialog box and getting lost by the simulation window sounds plausible, _except_ the hidden cursor shouldn't move at all. When releasing the right button, it should reappear at the original location. Not sure how it could stroll over a dialog box while hidden.