Bug Problem With Shuttle Fleet v4.8 P1

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When I downloaded the Shuttle Fleet v4.8 P1, I tested the STS-1 scenario, checking the new white ET burnt markings, but when the SRB was separated, the ET was just like it was before. I talked with David413, but he said the problem is with me. But i reinstalled the update several times, redownloaded the main release, but nothing has changed... So now I'm asking for you, orbinauts... What can I do?

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Try this. In the "Meshes" directory, locate the file called "ShuttleOLD_BTank.msh" and open it in a text editor (like WordPad). Go all the way to the end of the file. If the texture listed is "OldETtex.dds" change the name to "OldETburnttex.dds" and see if that fixes your issue. I may need to update the package again, I think the wrong mesh file was uploaded. I'm surprised no one else commented on this...

Hope that helps...

Dave

p.s., incidentally, you never clearly stated this problem in either your previous posts or the PMs you sent me; this posting was clear enough for me to understand what you were actually trying to report. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

Both the full V4.8 package and Patch 1 package have been updated to correct the Old ET mesh to call the proper texture file at SRB sep.

Sorry for the problem, I need to take a break (too many releases at once!)

Last edited:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I am going to try the STS-1 launch and see what I get with the white ET. Will report shortly, both if I see the burn white ET, and what my .msh file reads.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I am going to try the STS-1 launch and see what I get with the white ET. Will report shortly, both if I see the burn white ET, and what my .msh file reads.

No need to; the problem has been fixed and the packages updated accordingly.