General Question Project Apollo, Opinions Please.

tornadotodd

Storm Chaser
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Doodlebug is fine
Quick questions, I have been messing with A lot lately,, am I better off in 2006 with that or 2010, and I noticed can do you have to have a joystick for NASSP? I tried messing with it a bit but get a joystick error.. I have always used just the keyboard. Is this something I should invest in, whats your all Opinion on these, and the various versions of Orbiter? I am sort of moving on from the old days of just messing around to more complex stuff. Pretty steep learning curve but very rewarding.. Kind of funny because it has almost forced me to take interest in coding. But that's a whole other topic. Thanks guys.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
I'm kind of struggeling to find your question.

If your question is "should I invest in a joystick?" - well, that's totally up to you. I have one, but I use it mainly for P3D and X-Plane. For me, Orbiter works fine without one.

If your question is "what Orbiter version to use" - go with 2016, until you come across an add-on that's not yet available for 2016 yet, and decide if you want to run that in 2010.

Kind of funny because it has almost forced me to take interest in coding.
Seriously, go for it.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
A small controller with two tiny sticks is always a good addition to your gaming setup.
You can use it for many things, without taking up much space.

But for Orbiter, unless you are doing atmospheric flight, keys are enough and better.
Joystick only make a difference in landing the shuttle.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I've got a cheap joystick. The only time I use it is when I'm flying a winged craft in atmo. Otherwise it just collects dust.

I would like to build a box of some sort with a stick for RCS and linear thruster control. But I've not seen plans that I can figure out.

LeePalmer

Reaction score
Is it possible to configure the joystick to fire those functions?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I would like to build a box of some sort with a stick for RCS and linear thruster control. But I've not seen plans that I can figure out.

Well... should not be rocket science. Unless you want a good stick in terms of accuracy and ergonomy. Thats rocket science then.