OHM Proton Launch Vehicle v.2.2

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but how does one get the old Soviet flag to appear on the 2nd stage like it is for the Zond mock up?

I think that Thorton used different meshes for the Proton-K and Proton-M. He really went deep into the details. It seems he had access to detailed blueprints of Soviet hardware. Long time no see. :(

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
He possibly used different meshes, but the Proton-K that launches the Zond mock up has a Soviet flag, and I'm not seeing how that was done. (The Proton-K that launches the ASIASAT for example has Russian Federation Flag)

I'm thinking it might be one of the scenario parameters, but to the best of my knowledge, it is undocumented.

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
I have a problem/question.

Is it possible to change the launch azimuth to have a inclination of 46 degrees? Using a copy of the Zarya launch scenario, I set that inclination, but the rocket climbs to orbit in a heading of 057º, not 090º, resulting in a 51 to 53º orbit.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

OK, I solved this by setting 46.1 instead of 46, because 46 is a little southern to the launchpad.

penaratahiti

Reaction score
hello !

1st, thanks a lot for this addon Thorton !

I have an issue regarding the autopilot : I have tried the ISS scenario to launch Zarya, which requires an inclination of 51.60 (and this is reflected in the scenario file with the correct argument), but the rocket is launched more or less towards an azimut of 63°, and then finished on an orbit with around 70° inclination.

any tip ?

thanks a lot for your help !

:cheers: