Question question on textures, please help

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ok, for those of you who are following this, ive almost got my first addon ready for release on OH. im just stuck at the last hurdle.

im using anim8or and in this program it looks fine, but when i run orbiter it fails to find 2 out of the 4 texture files im using.

my textures are ,GOLD_FOIL, lander body, shock and silver foil.

ive converted all these to DDS.

in orbiter GOLD_FOIL is found and used as well as shock but lander body and silver foil are not found.

I did an experiment using orbiter log, i removed all my textures and ran the log. it said;

>>> ERROR: Missing texture: GOLD_FOIL.dds
>>> [C:\Source\Orbiter\Texture.cpp / 781]
>>> ERROR: Missing texture: shock.dds
>>> ERROR: Missing texture: silver
>>> ERROR: Missing texture: lander

the ones it can find (GOLD_FOIL and shock) have the correct names and are dds. the other two have shortened names and are not seen as dds!

Does anyone have any idea whats going on as once ive sorted this its all set to go to orbiter hanger.

cheers

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is this a SC3 addon ?

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
HaHaHa... *sorry*
You can't have spaces in the filenames... :p

Happy Orbiting

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Any more threads created to test the response time and support quality of the community on this forum will be regarded as spam and you will be banned accordingly :facts:

:cheers:

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Penguin, I hope you're joking about banning and such...this seems a perfectly legitimate Q&A session to me...

BTW, Pilotpercy, here is another related issue for SC3 developers:
Anything docked to an SC3 vessel may not have a space in the name of a vessel. For example, if you dock a soyuztma craft with name "Soyuz 26" to your SC3 vessel, then exit Orbiter, then try to run your (current state).scn, Orbiter will crash.
So be sure to name such vessels without spaces, as in "Soyuz26" or "Soyuz_26"

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Penguin, I hope you're joking about banning and such...this seems a perfectly legitimate Q&A session to me...

Of course I was joking.
Just a joke.

The error was so blatantly obvious, and I could literaly hear Percys head lithobraking on his desk when he read my post.

I can see how you would not be sure about this joke. I just had to make it. There was no way around it. I'll do 50 Hail Probes this evening :speakcool: