Random champions league fun.

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Someone just emailed me this, and as there wasn't a prematch thread on the champions league I thought I'd start a postmatch one.
Made me laugh, did this ;)

fence-roodrogcolecrouch.jpg

abishekgopal

Reaction score
amazing final uh?? so whom do you support. i've been a manutd fan for the last 3 years. I first thought terry's penalty kick had gone in and I made myself digest the fact that chelsea had won:sorry:. But one glance at the tv screen changed everything. And i quite expected that from anelka..... :cheers: anyway it was 3:30 in the morning here and i could not stop celebrating.

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
what a match, took my heart a while to calm down after that one. i honestly thought chelsea had it, was jumpin allover the house when terry missed. brilliant!!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, for me, it was a unlucky defeat for Ballack... I think almost all German football fans had been watching the game, seeing a great game of him, which makes optimistic for the Euro 2008, but the team lost anyway in the last second. Without Ballack being at fault. It is really that way: English players can't shoot penalty.

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
true. its not our fort'e. i wouldnt say either team deserved to win hands down both sides played rly well, we just got lucky in the end.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
There's a Euro 2008? You wouldn't know it living in the UK at the moment... :dry:

:cheers: I think you are still invited, even if no UK national team is qualified. Just see it like that: Many people in Austria and Switzerland also act quite surprised when you tell them that the Euro 2008 takes place in their countries. :p

Also, what is far worse: We Germans have to wait until the finals before we can send the cheeseheads home. :dry:

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Final was quite good (one of the better European finals of recent years, and way better than the UEFA final). I was happy Manchester United won it, I can't stand them (or their fans - bunch of glory supporters) but I'd rather anyone won it than Chelsea.

And John Terry's fall was damned amusing, only beaten in terms of entertainment by Ashley Cole's exercise routine ;)