Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey Tex, Why did you ban Unknown, we didnt want him banned we just wanted you to give him a warning. It's a bit harsh banning him or did he do something bad when i was gone?

DaveS answered your question but I'd just like to add that unknown was warned via PM by me AND the moderators. He had plenty of chances between our PMs politely asking him to stop creating so many pointless topics and posts. On top of that I pointed him to this thread I created with the announcement in post #1, yet he continued with his postings. After complaints from about 5 different members we had to enforce a temporary ban and should he continue his excessive posting when the ban is lifted he will earn a permanent ban.

No one wants to log in everyday to see that many new topics all created by the same user when basically none of them were worth creating an entire topic for. Also many of his one line, totally pointless posts is something people don't want to see. This floods the forum, so the moderators will begin giving out infractions for excessive posting. should the excessive (pointless) posting continue a temporary ban will follow. After all of this if the user still insist on flooding the forum then we will have no choice but to give a permanent ban.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
He has a temporary ban, when it expires he may come back so long as his excessive posting doesn't continue. If it does, then we will have to enforce a permanent ban.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I hate to ban anyone ryan, I'm a nice guy.

PS: Just to make sure everyone knows, you can choose to ignore any member by visiting their profile and clicking on Ignore. If you do this, you will no longer see any threads or posts created by that user. ;)

BlueDragon8144

Reaction score
No one wants to log in everyday to see that many new topics all created by the same user when basically none of them were worth creating an entire topic for. Also many of his one line, totally pointless posts is something people don't want to see. This floods the forum, so the moderators will begin giving out infractions for excessive posting. should the excessive (pointless) posting continue a temporary ban will follow. After all of this if the user still insist on flooding the forum then we will have no choice but to give a permanent ban.
Yeah, that was my big problem with him. I didn't mind him, except for the fact that almost every recent topic had him posting pointless stuff. Sorry you had to temporary ban him, but sometimes, it has to be done to enforce the rules.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Let's hope when he comes back he would of learnt his listen, by the way when will he be coming back, when is the ban lifted?

Hey guys, why dont orbiter forums and VSAs get along so well, I'm apart of a VSA one of the founders of the newly formed VINSC. I think all of them should be as free as they want and thats including other Virtual Airlines to not just Virtual Space Agencys.

RAF92_Moser

Reaction score
Hey guys, why dont orbiter forums and VSAs get along so well, I'm apart of a VSA one of the founders of the newly formed VINSC. I think all of them should be as free as they want and thats including other Virtual Airlines to not just Virtual Space Agencys.

Some members find them pointless but I think working as a team builds networking skills. I've been friends for about five years with a good group of guys. We call ourselves the RAF No. 92 Squadron...and started with Combat Flight Simulator 3, and now IL2. You can meet some incredible people. Also, people skills become very important in certain industries.

The problem with some VSA's is that their started off by a lot of young, aspiring Orbinauts that have the right vision, but not the skills needed to organize an agency. It takes time and patience to setup a good looking website that can attract members, and sacrifice to work with everyone within a group.

For this reason many VSAs really don't get off the ground, but some of them have become successful.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Because virtual agencies don't tend to stay open...The only one I have seen is SimNasa. Also the problem is that they are sort of boring at the moment because of the lack of a multiplayer system.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Ok guys thanks alot for the information about the VSAs to be honest i dont really like SimNASA what i heard from some of my friends they dont seem friendly and all.

Hey guys i just had the greatest idea for a background, you know how theres alot of Russian Space Agency nuts in orbiter forum, well why dont we have a Russian Space themed background, with the Soyuz, Vostok, Alexi Leonov coming out of the airlock, Yuri Gagarian, maybe MIR or Saylut, and maybe but this might be going over the top and Soviet Flag or Russian Flag in the background of those pictures.

Some members find them pointless but I think working as a team builds networking skills. I've been friends for about five years with a good group of guys. We call ourselves the RAF No. 92 Squadron...and started with Combat Flight Simulator 3, and now IL2. You can meet some incredible people. Also, people skills become very important in certain industries.

The problem with some VSA's is that their started off by a lot of young, aspiring Orbinauts that have the right vision, but not the skills needed to organize an agency. It takes time and patience to setup a good looking website that can attract members, and sacrifice to work with everyone within a group.

For this reason many VSAs really don't get off the ground, but some of them have become successful.

What kind of jets or planes do you guys fly?

RAF92_Moser

Reaction score
What kind of jets or planes do you guys fly?

Well, with IL2, there's a large abundance of different aircraft, but you can never go wrong with a P-47!

I've also tried Virtual Airlines with FS9 and have had good experiences throughout.

Cosmos

Reaction score
Tex said:

Thank you very much for this. Posting should be not just an exercise in raising your post count.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
He quoted my post ryan and thanked me for handling it.