Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Saturn 1B and Saturn V first stages...next! :p

It will be so obvious, but so be it...

A37.jpg

DiscoverName_name_0222.jpg

1007817main_FSW_Photo6.jpg

srb_nose_cone.jpg

I wish the U.S. would come to it's senses, and realize what we had before worked, and to continue using it.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
I wish the U.S. would come to it's senses, and realize what we had before worked, and to continue using it.
Agreed, budget was clearly not a concern and the shuttles still had plenty of time left until they were damaged beyond repair.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
This is a true story from the Word Perfect Helpline which was transcribed from a recording monitoring the customer care department. The HelpDesk employee was fired; however, he/she is currently suing the Word Perfect organization for: "Termination without Cause." (I think he has a good case):
"Ridge Hall computer assistance; may I help you?"
"Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect."
"What sort of trouble?" "Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away." "Went away?" "They disappeared." "Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?" "Nothing." "Nothing?" "It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type." "Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?" "How do I tell?" "Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?" "What's a sea-prompt?" "Never mind, can you move your cursor around the screen?" "There isn't any cursor: I told you, it won't accept anything I type." "Does your monitor have a power indicator?" "What's a monitor?" "It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV." "Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on?" "I don't know." "Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?" "Yes, I think so." "Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the wall." ".......Yes, it is." "When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?" "No." "Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other cable." "....... Okay, here it is." "Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of your computer." "I can't reach it." "Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?" "No." "Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?" "Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle - it's because it's dark." "Dark?" "Yes - the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window." "Well, turn on the office light then." "I can't." "No? Why not?" "Because there's a power failure." "A power... A power failure? Aha, Okay, we've got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?" "Well, yes, I keep them in the closet." "Good. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from." "Really? Is it that bad?" "Yes, I'm afraid it is." "Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?" "Tell them you're too stupid to own a computer."

PeriapsisPrograde

Wannabe addon dev
Reaction score
Calvin: When I grow up, I'm not going to read the newspaper and I'm not going to follow complex issues and I'm not going to vote. That way I can complain when the government doesn't represent me. Then, when everything goes down the tubes, I can say the system doesn't work and justify my further lack of participation.

Hobbes: An ingeniously self-fulfilling plan.

Calvin: It's a lot more fun to blame things than to fix them.
(18 May 1992)

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Also, the commanders of the villainous Team Galactic (from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum) are named Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. (the leader is Cyrus)

The Mossdeep Space Center in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is based off the Tanegashima Space Center. (The entire Hoenn region is based off Kyushu, but it's rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise)

Mossdeep_City_Space_Center_Em.png

HoennIIIE.png

(Mossdeep City is on the island in the top right corner)

One of the episodes of the anime had a space shuttle look-alike launching from Mossdeep Space Center:
Mossdeep_Space_Shuttle_anime.png

What's wrong with this picture?
AG331.jpg

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The first full row from the bottom... are those the strap-ons, or the cores?

The lowest row shows Blok I stages, the third stage of the Soyuz launcher (mounted between "core stage"/Blok A and payload). They are painted (or not painted) in different colors there, but are otherwise identical except for the payload fairing adapter, that is missing on the right one, possibly it is assigned for a Soyuz ST launch.

On the left side of the images are Torus tanks, which contain the peroxide for driving the turbines of the Soyuz engines on the first five stages (Blok A, B, V, G and D... Cyrillic alphabet)

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Well, Wake-on-LAN isn't working for me.. I can wake my laptop if it's been asleep for a few minutes, but any longer than that and it won't wake up. I can't find any setting to allow it to wake from whatever power state it's going to. (if the problem is at the laptop and not the LAN)
HP G62-367DX

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, Wake-on-LAN isn't working for me.. I can wake my laptop if it's been asleep for a few minutes, but any longer than that and it won't wake up. I can't find any setting to allow it to wake from whatever power state it's going to. (if the problem is at the laptop and not the LAN)
HP G62-367DX

Check the energy management settings of your network adapter. If it is powered down the wrong way, it won't work.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Check the energy management settings of your network adapter. If it is powered down the wrong way, it won't work.
I only have so many settings unfortunately. :/
All its WoL stuff is enabled. (and only on magic packet..or else it wakes up constantly)
Other than the "Power Management" settings that only include the above, I can't find any additional power settings. Evidently laptops have different default settings related to this stuff...
Also, network adapter and BIOS are up to date.

I'm wondering if the problem isn't at the laptop. My only choices for using ethernet were to connect to a PlugLink or to the Uverse box

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I only have so many settings unfortunately. :/
All its WoL stuff is enabled. (and only on magic packet..or else it wakes up constantly)
Other than the "Power Management" settings that only include the above, I can't find any additional power settings. Evidently laptops have different default settings related to this stuff...
Also, network adapter and BIOS are up to date.

I'm wondering if the problem isn't at the laptop. My only choices for using ethernet were to connect to a PlugLink or to the Uverse box

I only set it up for RHEL servers lately, can't really help you that much there, but why can't you use standard ethernet?

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I only set it up for RHEL servers lately, can't really help you that much there, but why can't you use standard ethernet?
Okay, I tried direct connection to the router. Still doesn't wakeup after a couple seconds. Indeed seems like the port is powering down wrong.

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
Harry_Whittier_Frees_-_What%27s_Delaying_My_Dinner.jpg

Apparently lolcats are nothing new.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Apparently lolcats are nothing new.

Of course they are!

What you showed there is not a lolcat, but actually a classic, "Laughing out loud cat", from back in the day when the English language was generally used properly in popular culture. :lol:

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Brilliant.

idiotcontroller.jpg

It took from the time for the controller to start giving me the callout, to finish said callout for that Learjet to cross my path. Initial callout was at 4 miles, 11 o'clock, same altitude about eight seconds prior.

Now I suppose I'm going to have to worry about wake turbulence in about a second's time? :rolleyes:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
fox-news-pie-chart-fail-7950-1259031795-11.jpg

Politics in the US become more and more confusing with every passing day. :facepalm:

Last edited: