• It's a shame

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

luki1997a

Reaction score
Hi:hello:

This is Poland’s Official EURO 2012 Song. What do you think about it? I think it's so easy to sing and funny. Vote at the pool above :lol:

Lyrics version

Last edited:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Subtitles not required, cracking stuff.

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think it would be better suited for a catholic youth day, with the pope attending.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm personally ashamed by this choice... Euro2012 is not a place to show how "rural" and traditional we are, when in fact there are almost no modern Poles, who would listen to this kind of music on daily basis.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

The way it should have been done was presented in South Africa World Cup. Traditional influences, but with world famous star and result was great song. Not crappy "capella" from "god knows where" as representative of modern european country.

I just don't know what happened.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'm personally ashamed by this choice... Euro2012 is not a place to show how "rural" and traditional we are, when in fact there are almost no modern Poles, who would listen to this kind of music on daily basis.

actually, the real official song is from Oceana... a German born singer, who is completely unknown in Germany. :tiphat:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I don't know. Really. Some kind of UMO (Unidentified Musical Object). :blink:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
actually, the real official song is from Oceana... a German born singer, who is completely unknown in Germany. :tiphat:

As I'm not fondof dance music, this one is at least far less embarrasing. Not a great song, sure, but at least it's quite modern.

I don't know. Really. Some kind of UMO (Unidentified Musical Object).
First one or second?

luki1997a

Reaction score
I'm personally ashamed by this choice...

But I think respect to tradition as shown to whole europe is not a shame, but a reason to be proud. No respect to tradition is like no or anti-patriotism. Why does this song has to be modern and it's singer has to be popular? This song isn't made to listen everyday, but for a great occasion. I think Poles, who really dislike this song are a little bit rascist or anti-patriotists, because they think these grannies singing this song are worse than others, because they will show this song to whole world.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

but at least it's quite modern.

Why it has to be modern ?!? For ex. Orbiter hasn't to be modern but functional and everybody likes it. Like this song. It wouldn't win if it would be bad.

Do you complain that your national anthem is not modern?

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think Poles, who really dislike this song are a little bit rascist or anti-patriotists, because they think these grannies singing this song are worse than others, because they will show this song to whole world.

I think this says all about the first song. You don't like it because it is the best song, but because some idiots with nothing more to be proud of then a nationality tell you that it is especially polish and thus better then everything else.

Not that I think that the Oceana tune is much better. But it is at least a song that could work in a football arena. Which says a lot about the shortcomings of the second. Both ain't no "Immer nur Du".

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
But I think respect to tradition as shown to whole europe is not a shame, but a reason to be proud. No respect to tradition is like no or anti-patriotism. Why does this song has to be modern and it's singer has to be popular? This song isn't made to listen everyday, but for a great occasion. I think Poles, who really dislike this song are a little bit rascist or anti-patriotists, because they think these grannies singing this song are worse than others, because they will show this song to whole world.

Luki: I'm running small advertising & large format printing agency and that choice was really bad from PR point of view. I don't think I'm not patriotic. In fact I see this song as unpatriotic because we had a chance to do better in promotion of our country. Please don't call me racist because I don't like particular piece of music. I respect tradition and our cultural heritage, but this is not a place for bringing back 18th century folk song as main theme of global or at least european event.

Why it has to be modern ?!? For ex. Orbiter hasn't to be modern but functional and everybody likes it. Like this song. It wouldn't win if it would be bad.
I doesn't have to be modern. We had a lot better sources to get music style from than this particular "cepelia" style.

Orbiter is modern. It's barelly 2 years old with d3d11 client in developement. I wouldn't call it old or outdated.

Not everybody likes this song - I don't like it and about 50% people I know doesn't like it at all - rest doesn't care.

As for voting I suspect most people just voted for jokes and rest of us didn't care and that's why it came out.
Do you complain that your national anthem is not modern?

No I don't. I find our national anthem very good piece of music. But that's not an event song but national anthem - here's the difference.

But as usual gustibus non est disputatum.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No "It's awesome" poll option?

Really, I don't understand the lyrics, but it just sounds so funny to listen to.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
The "mood" of it sounds kind of like something you'd find on a children's show...

Fizyk

Reaction score
Website
ebvalaim.net
RisingFury said:
Really, I don't understand the lyrics, but it just sounds so funny to listen to.
I understand the lyrics... unfortunately.

The way it sounds is quite ok to me (well, maybe not very suitable for football, but still nice), but then come the lyrics - they destroy just everything. They are so unbelievably stupid that I can't even describe it. I just want to forget I've ever heard this song, really.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
What's the gist of the lyrics?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Why didn't they choose this Ukrainian artist, from the ESC 2007... that would have been more fun at a football tournament.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verka_Serduchka"]Verka Serduchka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

luki1997a

Reaction score
You don't like it because it is the best song, but because some idiots with nothing more to be proud of then a nationality tell you that it is especially polish and thus better then everything else.

No one tell me that it is especially polish, I just like it. Your country's folk music sound like funeral music, but I don't complain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fizyk

Reaction score
Website
ebvalaim.net
What's the gist of the lyrics?
Most of the lyrics is just the usual thing about football, how we will win etc., nothing special. It would be just a folk-style football song, if not for one line in the refrain, which also got into the title.

It goes like that:
"Koko koko Euro spoko"

"Koko" is pretty much meaningless, but it could mean the sound that a chicken makes (something like English "cluck"), which only makes it worse.
"Euro" - as in Euro 2012, I guess it doesn't need an explanation.
"spoko" - it means something like "cool" or "fine", it's a slang word.

So, it could be translated as "koko koko Euro cool", or "cluck cluck Euro cool" :facepalm: