Search Re-entry flames from the internal views?

Messierhunter

Reaction score
I can't remember the name of this mod, but I remember seeing an add-on with multiple functions, one of which was to make re-entry flames visible from the first-person views. Does anyone know the title of the mod I'm talking about or have a link? Thanks!

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi MessierHunter, here ya go, [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3508"]Computerex Add-on Pack[/ame] it's called Orb reentry stream, its in that download.If you can figure out how to get the flames to appear inthe DGIV, or the, XR5 cockpit view, I would appreciate some incite on how you managed to do it, thou,you will have to fiddle with the config, have fun.:cheers:

Messierhunter

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not getting visible re-entry flames in the interior views with that mod either, although the appearance of the flames did seem to change a bit from the exterior.

---------- Post added 11-02-2009 at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-01-2009 at 04:36 PM ----------

Ok, I finally got it to work. The key seems to be that you need to use Intermod_2 in combination with the orbReentryStreams mod.
http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3530
That gets rid of near-camera clipping, which was preventing the customized re-entry streams from appearing. Basically all I did then was copy the DGIV's ini file and rename it XR2Ravenstar. I may have also altered some of the front cockpit streams to be a little more forward than they were before (by increasing the final number in each stream's "pos" value). Thanks Interceptor, I knew about intermod_2, but I had forgotten the name of orbReentryStream.

Interceptor

Reaction score
I Have XR2 Ravenstar already working, did you get the DGIV or the XR5 vanguard,working with cockpit flames yet.Thanks

Messierhunter

Reaction score
Yes, the same mod combination worked for the DGIV for me. As long as you have the default DGIV configuration for the re-entry flames and intermod_2, it should work. I haven't tested it with the XR5 yet.

Interceptor

Reaction score
I really don't understand, can you post your the configs,and some more details about intermod and how to use it please.Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

OK I am going to try that intermod, it sounds cool! let me know if you have any luck with XR5 vanguard.

Messierhunter

Reaction score
As long as orbReentryStreams and the intermod_2 modules are activated you should have visible re-entry effects on the DGIV. Let me know if you still don't see anything after combining those two. As for the XR5, it's a much bigger vessel than either the DGIV or XR2, so I'm guessing it'll need its own re-entry effects configuration almost from scratch. I wouldn't know how to make it look good, though I might be able to mangle a DGIV config to work from the interior view only.