Humor Real life DOH!! moments

Lunar_Lander

Reaction score
Wanting to take the laptop to another room, pulling the power cord from the port and the laptop dies. Why? It's easy: When I looked round, I saw the battery which I had taken out of the laptop earlier that day.

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think he means cat.

BTW,
I just did one like 5 minutes ago.

Searching for my mobile phone in my pockets and all around inside the car while it was in my hand the whole time ! :rofl:

Looks like a typo. T and r are nearby on the keyboard.
I know. I just wanted to point it out for humor.:lol: Sadly, it's not working...:(

Cobalt

Reaction score
Searching for my mobile phone in my pockets and all around inside the car while it was in my hand the whole time ! :rofl:
Got you beat. Checking your pocket for your cell phone, while you're staring right at it as it lies on the table.

Not really a "DOH" but an "Oh, :censored:!" moment, leaving your car in neutral and forgetting the handbrake, then getting out. (My stick-shift BMW 318i convertible. I caught it a second or two later.)

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here's another one: Driving your car then having your brakes fried, then realizing you forgot to release the parking brake!!! (I don't drive or own a car, but I saw this happen on CWD4 [Canada's Worst Driver 4] when one of the bad drivers forgot to release the parking break and stop signs started flying onto the bad driver's face to bleep things out :lol:)

Cobalt

Reaction score
Here's another one: Driving your car then having your brakes fried, then realizing you forgot to release the parking brake!!! (I don't drive or own a car, but I saw this happen on CWD4 [Canada's Worst Driver 4] when one of the bad drivers forgot to release the parking break and stop signs started flying onto the bad driver's face to bleep things out :lol:)

Ugh, sadly I've done that one more than once. My mother's car has the parking brake as a pedal on the far left, and in my Jeep (and in the BMW) they're traditional handbrake style. So, I'd start moving my mom's car and wondering why it was so :censored: slow, and then I'd notice a little red light in the cluster. Whoops....

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When you're working on your big new Multistage2 rocket and notice that you have 98% fuel left when reaching orbit in your last stage because you forgot that when you changed to a more efficient rocket, the thrust also reduced. So instead of a rocket with only 462s ISP, the engine was pumping out 6,000s ISP like a VASIMR, or Ion engine! :p

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Doing a flight to the Moon using AMSO Apollo, not doing any quicksaves along the way, exiting Orbiter because it is time for bed, and deciding to use the "Current State" scenario to start from where you left off the next night.

When you go back on the computer, you manage to double-click "STS-98" instead of current state, and have to start again.

This hasn't happened to me on this 'scale', but I have had my fair share of quicksave fails before.

This has made me put all my scanarios into folders except for Current State XD

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
When you go back on the computer, you manage to double-click "STS-98" instead of current state, and have to start again.
What about using Alt+Tab, Ctrl+Alt+Del, kill the process?
Worst case, just power cycle the computer?

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When you forget a small piece of rubber...

Nah, just kidding. But I have had my fair share of D'OH moments. :p

cinder1992

Random failhurricane.
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
cinder1992.blogspot.com
here's my DOH moments:

When you turn off your computer to go to bed, and you've only been up for five minutes.

When you start looking for the CMOS reset jumper on your motherboard only to find it on the CMOS RESET pin.

when you fall UP the stairs. (True story! I tried to run up the stairs and accidentally tripped on the third step... and I "fell" up the stairs.)

When you re-fill the heating oil tank, forgetting about the gaping hole in the side.

When you throw a stone at a wall, only to have it rebound and hit you in the forehead.

When you build a model rocket and forget to secure the motor :lol:.

When you're driving you're fancy new Firefly Sport in orbiter and hit CTRL+F11 instead of CTRL+F12 and blow up half of Florida.

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
When I was a freshman in college I really liked this one girl- one night we were drinking I and was doing my best to lay down some game when I accidentally kicked a bottle of cheap rum all over her. She left to go get herself a new pair of pants, and when she came back I was in the middle of a drunken lament about how I had just kicked booze all over a girl I was interested in. Thankfully she played it off cool, but it was one of my bigger doh! moments.

Another, almost daily doh! moment is that I have a knack for losing things in plain sight. Earlier I was running around looking for my TI-83 to do some math. Finally when I had given up and resigned myself to playing X-box I found it sitting on the couch- right where I used it last night.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Spent half an hour setting up TransX for a cargo run to Mercury, departed from Mir, and realized I didn't have any cargo pods.

Leaned something against my computer to block the power light (so it won't bug me at night--it's quite bright), and suddenly my computer switched off. The book I was using was leaning on the power button.

ThatGuy

Reaction score
Wondering why the red light is taking so long then realizing that it's green.
Trying to go to my Monday Calculus class.... on Sunday.
Hitting the off button instead of the snooze on my alarm.

Just a few of the things I've done.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
When you've got a screen shot of Orbiter on your desktop and you try to use the mouse to move the camera around. :lol:

replicant

The Wanderer
Reaction score
If you partake in airline service.....you don't want to know. ;)