Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Wow, orbiterforum. I'm so disappointed in you. You were unfair, and you made one of the best add-on makers to disappear.

Yes, let's all blame O-F based on a one sided argument you read on another forum... :dry:

So, David removed his fleet from OHM... what's new? This must be the 3rd or 4th time he has done this, dating back to the old M6 forum. The rules apply the same for all members, regardless of your status in the community or how much you have contributed. David was not singled out and he was not punished for defending his work.

It's truly a shame he chose to remove his addons as so many in the community really enjoyed his work, including myself. It is however his decision and everyone should respect that. Speaking for myself, and in no part on behalf of the staff; I personally will not stand on David's soap box. I am very familiar with his history and I can't say that I'm surprised by his overreaction at all. While some may feel one side to the story is enough to reach a judgement, the reality is that members do not know what the staff have dealt with over the years, or what they may have or have not done. The staff have always respected our members privacy when it comes to warnings, infractions, etc. and I don't expect this case to be any different.

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
As people have noticed, David413 has recently decided to remove his addons from Orbithangar. While this may be a disappointment to many, David is of course entitled to manage his addons in any way he likes, and this should be respected by the forum members. Since David has taken the discussion of this topic over to orbiter.dansteph.com, and since we here at orbiter-forum can't shed any light on his future plans for his addons, it would be more productive for users to continue this discussion over at orbiter.dansteph.com. Please note that discussion of staff action is, as ever, not permitted here or in any other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.