General Question Requesting a Falcon 9 tutorial

Reaction score
Can anyone make a tutorial on Falcon 9 addon ( [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4727"]Falcon 9 - Dragon spacecraft[/ame] ).

I need it urgnetly, so, if some of you can do it, please do it quickly.

jzarvey

Reaction score
I could use a little explanation as to how the autopilot works. If I remember correctly, it asks for PeA then ApA. Is the ApA number you put in the total height you would like, or distance above PeA?

SystemsLock

Reaction score
If there is no existing tutorial, how can anyone (except the original creator) know how to use it? Or do people with enough experience just pick it up intuitively?

Glider

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I could use a little explanation as to how the autopilot works. If I remember correctly, it asks for PeA then ApA. Is the ApA number you put in the total height you would like, or distance above PeA?
PeA is altitude of perigee. distance between the surface and the perigee point of orbit.
ApA is the distance between the center of planet and the apogee point.ApA = altitude of apogee + Earth radius.

If you could, put in annotations, and I will be grateful to you until end of my life!
:hmm:What is so difficult ? all addon-specific controls are listed at orbithangar. All other keys needed to use this addon is default orbiter keys. Manual flight to orbit is the same for other rocket launchers.(And if you don't know how to do so you can turn on autopilot) Changes of the orbit plane, docking etc. are described in default orbiter tutorial.

jzarvey

Reaction score
PeA is altitude of perigee. distance between the surface and the perigee point of orbit.
ApA is the distance between the center of planet and the apogee point.ApA = altitude of apogee + Earth radius.

I know what the PeA and ApA are, but not in regards to what to enter into the Falcon 9 Dragon autopilot. For example, the autopilot asks for PeA so lets put in 200 km (just picking a number), then asks for ApA. If I want an ApA 210 km, do I put in 210 or 10?

Glider

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know what the PeA and ApA are, but not in regards to what to enter into the Falcon 9 Dragon autopilot. For example, the autopilot asks for PeA so lets put in 200 km (just picking a number), then asks for ApA. If I want an ApA 210 km, do I put in 210 or 10?
210. this number must be higher than PeA.

jzarvey

Reaction score
210. this number must be higher than PeA.

For the purpose of clarification, I am talking about the autopilot that comes with the Falcon 9 Dragon add-on, not one of the add-on autopilots.

I played with the Falcon 9 Dragon autopilot last night and for PeA it asks for a number between 100 and 200. It then asks for an ApA number less than 100. Then requests the heading. I think after some experimentation, you put in the PeA (number between 100 and 200) then the number you put in for ApA is the amount you want above PeA. So, using the example from my previous post, for PeA you would enter 200, for ApA you would enter 10 to achieve and orbit with a PeA of 200 and ApA of 210.

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Vladimir Apollo, you do realize we are not working for you, don't you? And even if we did, such impolite requests from you would quickly lead to everybody leaving your company. Please get an Emily Post book and teach yourself some manners.

Glider

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
For the purpose of clarification, I am talking about the autopilot that comes with the Falcon 9 Dragon add-on, not one of the add-on autopilots.
I'm talking about it too.

It then asks for an ApA number less than 100.
It asks for ApA number higher than 100. this number is not a difference between apogee and perigee. this number is an altitude of apogee in km.

So, using the example from my previous post, for PeA you would enter 200, for ApA you would enter 10 to achieve and orbit with a PeA of 200 and ApA of 210.
No, when it asks for PeA you enter 200, when it asks for ApA you enter 210, in order to achieve orbit 200/210.

Can anyone just make a PDF-based tutorial so I can nicely print it and complete the mission with all steps what to do and when to do?
I can make a pdf tutorial for an ISS flight in next 2-3 days.
Anyway, it should be useful for the next version of addon.

jzarvey

Reaction score
Thanks Glider, you are correct. I read the < sign wrong. Been too many years since I had to worry about < and >. :lol:

Glider

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Can anyone just make a PDF-based tutorial so I can nicely print it and complete the mission with all steps what to do and when to do?
I can make a pdf tutorial for an ISS flight in next 2-3 days.
Anyway, it should be useful for the next version of addon.
attached below.

Attachments

• spacex_tutorial_100722.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 45