Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
"Born to die - live to win."

Well, he shaped metal without ever playing it.

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Motörhead was bound for a European tour in February. Thought that would be chance to see him on stage. Lemmy was a great, warm-hearted guy, playing his kind of music for what seemed forever.

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I was never a big fan of Motörhead, but I always had great respect for what they did. Especially Lemmy. The man was a machine.

Ravenous

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Proper Heavy Rock look - the big moustache, the Rickenbacker bass, and that iconic, high mic stand position.

:yes:

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

I just did a bit of a google and found an old comment Lemmy made somewhere. Here's his reason for the microphone position (quoted from the Wikipedia page about him):

"personal comfort, that's all. It's also one way of avoiding seeing the audience. In the days when we only had ten people and a dog, it was a way of avoiding seeing that we only had ten people and a dog."

I was just laughing at the thought of ten people and a bemused, possibly deaf, dog in the audience!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I was just laughing at the thought of ten people and a bemused, possibly deaf, dog in the audience!

Back in my younger years, I had literally been among the ten people and the terribly disturbed dog in small backyard rock clubs.

I can really understand him in that context. :rofl:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Lemmy was a true legend of of heavy metal,he lived,breathed,drank,and,ate rocknroll .RIP

Last edited:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Indeed:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4vQ-eYgIy0"]HAWKWIND - motorhead (1975) - YouTube[/ame]

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

He played his bass through two crazy distorted Marshall amp stacks that he named "Murder One" and "No Remorse".

Rock legend.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
He played his bass through two crazy distorted Marshall amp stacks that he named "Murder One" and "No Remorse".

Rock legend.

And did not use any effects beyond that. Real legend.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
In case somebody missed it: The documentary "Lemmy" was just aired at arte, but it will be repeated next Saturday, 0:30.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
At least, it is now confirmed that the funeral service for him will be held at the only thinkable location: The Rainbow Inn.

Tony Trout

Reaction score
I know that Hunter Helmsley (Triple H in the WWE) was a huge Motorhead fan. I wonder if he's made any comment about Lemmy's passing?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
There is a petition running to name one of the new heavy elements after Lemmy, because Lemmy was a natural force and embodied the nature of heavy metal. 115, 117 and 118 would be possible for that.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Not 115. 115 has to be named Elerium!

Yeah. Also I doubt it makes sense to name a fleeting element, that decays after a few microseconds after Lemmy.