Gaming Rogue System

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Kind of difficult to believe that it hasn't been mentioned on this board, really...

Rogue System is a game currently in early access (which I do not currently own, so this isn't a review... I'm definitely keeping my eyes out for it, though) that could maybe be described as Orbiter with less navigation, but more switches and Guns. And switches. LOTS AND LOTS MOAR SWITCHES! Unless you're playing NASSP maybe. But only maybe.

To quote the pitch from the website:
Rogue System’s goal is to bring the classic space-combat sims into the modern era of gaming at an unprecedented level of control.

It blends the capabilities and usability of modern games with the detail and fidelity of hardcore combat flight-sims. With a simulated science fiction setting, richly deep spaceship management, and intense combat, Rogue System satisfies both the "survey" and "study" sim enthusiast.

Scott Manley described it as "DCS in space". It's not quite there yet, really, but there's already lots and lots of switches to flick and apparently a mission or two. My feeling is that the game might be out by the time you've managed to internalise all the checklists necessary to fly an actual combat mission.

To get a feel of the game in its current state the videos by deephack might give the best impression of the game to an Orbinaut. I have a feeling that a lot of people here could be interested in this.