OHM RV Orientation

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
FWIW you don't need this add-on to do TOR maneuvers, you can use Pursuit MFD just as easily.
How? I know how to use that MFD but what mode do I use for that procedure?

Last edited:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Another option would be that if RVO can have a reverse compatibility that would have VESSEL2 Tables as well as VESSEL3. Ill tell you this though, this addon does a realistic simulation of the TORRVA procedure for the shuttle and IMHO its imperative to have it work with VESSEL2. But thats up to you guys if you got the resources that is.
This would mean that there are two virtual table hijackers operating in the same time, but there can be only one.
What you could try, however, is install the HUD Drawer for Orbiter 2006, which is pre-packaged together with Launch MFD for Orbiter 2006. This one is VESSEL2 compatible. Then install it into your Orbiter 2010 (you could simply use JSGME to install the whole Launch MFD 2006), and, using DX9 client, select GDI compatibility in the client. Both Launch MFD's compass rose and direction indicators, as well as RVO should be able to display Shuttle Fleet's data (but nothing other than VESSEL2!)

Last edited:

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This would mean that there are two virtual table hijackers operating in the same time, but there can be only one.
What you could try, however, is install the HUD Drawer for Orbiter 2006, which is pre-packaged together with Launch MFD for Orbiter 2006. This one is VESSEL2 compatible. Then install it into your Orbiter 2010 (you could simply use JSGME to install the whole Launch MFD 2006), and, using DX9 client, select GDI compatibility in the client. Both Launch MFD's compass rose and direction indicators, as well as RVO should be able to display Shuttle Fleet's data (but nothing other than VESSEL2!)
Sorry but Im a little confused on what you said. So you want me to install HUD Drawer for Orbiter2006 to my 2010 version and RVO would work?

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ill tell you this though, this addon does a realistic simulation of the TORRVA procedure for the shuttle and IMHO its imperative to have it work with VESSEL2. But thats up to you guys if you got the resources that is.

I have no plans to make the code work with the older vessels, but I have made the source fully open, so anyone wishing to take on this is more than welcome to fork the release and make a Vintage-Compatible version.

It would be cool though to have a modern Shuttle, coded to the latest APIs. Maybe a challenge for Orbiter 2016 though.

Regarding the TORVA - I considered doing this, but the concept for the MFD was to provide auto-docking from any location. Although we don't have vessel collision in this Orbiter, I hate it when an autopilot drives right through a target, so I implemented a keep-out sphere, and a concept of riding around the sphere to the entry-point to the docking cone, which gets tighter as you get closer. Then the 3D graphics had to merge with Martin's originals, and then the autopilot had to do a decent job with the docking. It was a labor of love, and probably a few thousand hours of work!

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
How? I know how to use that MFD but what mode do I use for that procedure?

so for using the shuttle, approach the station on the R-bar, have it in velocity hold mode 0-0-0, and get with in range.

On the lower right two buttons of the MFD you will see RPM and TOR. RPM will automatically put you in the appropriate rotation for the RPM survey of the tiles. When you are back upright at 0-0-0, reposition back to R-bar, deactivate velocity hold, hit the TOR button and you will be put into the twice orbital rotation rate. At this point, use translation RCS to give yourself the forward movement. Start with 1 sec burst in 3 second intervals to get you going on the flyaround trajectory, from there use the translation RCS to keep the station in the middle of the aft windows. I use it all the time for TORVA and fly arounds and it works without fail.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Sorry but Im a little confused on what you said. So you want me to install HUD Drawer for Orbiter2006 to my 2010 version and RVO would work?
That's what I meant. But it will only make SF's HUD appear and fill it with data. I don't know if this is all you need.

I have no plans to make the code work with the older vessels, but I have made the source fully open, so anyone wishing to take on this is more than welcome to fork the release and make a Vintage-Compatible version.
HUD Drawer SDK is OSS already, but it's too complicated to modify it to support multiple versions of VESSEL simultaneously, unless a different scheme of hijacking is devised. I'd also be happy if more developers focused on improving tooling / low level libraries (cooperatively), rather than designing yet another spacecraft that has only a different 3D model. However I find such scenario as unrealistic, as me and you trying to save the world from mistakes of others.

It would be cool though to have a modern Shuttle, coded to the latest APIs. Maybe a challenge for Orbiter 2016 though.
It would be enough if major addons were Open Source. Then (thanks to Martin's genius) updating to the latest API would be a matter of switching the header/lib location and a recompilation. Then we wouldn't spend time on OSS lobbying / discussing Vintage stuff. But when you look at it, somebody has already thought the same, and instead of complaining invented SSU. Why not focus on this instead?

Last edited:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Even if there was no CTD, it wouldn't display anything, because it's linked against the 2010 version of HUDDrawer SDK.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Should this work with Orbiter 2016? It causes a crash to desktop when I click it on the MFD.

Haven't relinked it ... but will do soon. It'll be a RV Orientation for Orbiter 2016

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Haven't opened up this code for 18 months! Can you give me a refresher on the bug scenario please?