Satellites & Asteroids ?

diggercam88

Reaction score
Ok, im REALLY new to the Orbiter Sim (only a few weeks) and have downloaded most of the Add-on's like Apollo, DGIV, textures and meshes. My question is when I get out of earth orbit are there satellites and space stations floating in space or do I have to add them? :(

Fireproof

Reaction score
most of the time you will have to add them yourself via the scenario editer

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2735"]Tutorial: How to make scenarios for Orbiter v1.5[/ame]
When you create scenarios, every object can be added manually if you edit the scenario with notepad.
or you could use the built-in scenario editor.

diggercam88

Reaction score
:speakcool: So all I have to do is add the Stations and Asteroids and such to the orbiter main folder and add them thru the scenario editor! I hope I know what im doing!

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
:speakcool: So all I have to do is add the Stations and Asteroids and such to the orbiter main folder and add them thru the scenario editor! I hope I know what im doing!

Also if you want astroids theres a good package for that at orbiter hanger i dont know the excact link but its there.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Please note that many vessels can't be added via the scenario editor. Spacecraft.dll vessels for instance.
Once you added them via editing the scenario file you can use the scenario editor on them like any other vessel.
I suspect this to be in ar81's tutorial, but I just wanted to make sure you know to prevent you from troubleshooting this known issue.

diggercam88

Reaction score
Thank's for the helpul info! Everything worked as planned but I had to do a clean install and then install the patches!