Error Shuttle Fleet TORVA practice playback CTD

caningo

Developer-in-training
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Today while trying to watch the TORVA playback in SF I encountered an error. I looked in the Orbiter log and nothing. However when I looked in Orbiter Sound log I may have found the problem. Seems to be a missing .wav file. Dave could you help us out? Thanks. :cheers:

OrbiterSound 3.5 ver. May 13 2007 Log Started

Vessel Discovery requested an ID, returned= 0 OK
attempting focus change...
Focus not ready bypassing focus change - Ok
Attempting RenderViewport initialisation...
Attempting GetStartValue initialisation...
Passed GetStartValue - Ok
Initialising directsound...
directsound initialised - OK
Passed RenderViewport - Ok
Attempting Mp3 initialisation...
MP3 found in playlist = 1
Mp3 initialised - Ok
Focus changed attempting to load vessel wave
Focus changed load vessel wave - OK
Vessel sound FAILED TO LOAD WAV missing wav file ?-> SoundDiscoverySEZZA104.wav DX Code: E_FAIL
Passed ExitModule - Ok
-----Post Added-----

After a little meddling around I believe to have found the cause of the problem. The scenario file is not pointing correctly to the ship name referenced in the Flights folder. Please see picture below for explanation.

torvasolxj2.jpg

Once the following line is changed, the playback works fine. ;)

One more thing I would like to add... when running the TORRA practice playback, no text is seen. I believe the culprit is the fact that there is no TORRA practice in the Flights folder.

Also, in the Flights folder there is a TORF practice but when you go to the Playback folder no scenario is made for it.

I hope this helps. If I wasn't clear in anything please let me know. :)

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Good catch, sorry about that. For now, the Expansion pack package at OH has been updated to correct the problem, you can delete the TORF practice as I didn't have time to update it yet...

Dave

caningo

Developer-in-training
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

I have one more question for you. I am doing this tutorial (TORVA practice) following your instructions as indicated in pages 6-8 of the Expansion Pack Manual. I set up the Univ Ptg MFD as indicated and get all the correct pitch rate (-0.065), however the shuttle's pitch does not move one bit... even though the numbers in the mfd are changing. Do you know why this is occurring? Maybe the univ ptg is not set up right? :(

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Once the pitch rate goes to -0.066 or so, that means the UNIV PTG MFD is holding the attitude for body vector "5" (-Z) at 270 degrees and you are in an LVLH attitude. The pitch numbers displayed are the absolute pitch values not the attitude values. I haven't had the time to finish the tutorial, but just to get you going, once you are in the attitude hold, select "ITEM 21", then "ITEM 15", data "180". Once you are ready to fly the TORVA, "ITEM 19" to re-engage the DAP, once the rotation starts, using translation thrusters only, keep the station centered in the COAS cross hair until you fly up to the V-bar in front of the station.

I will be going back to work on the manual and tutorials in the next week or so and I'll release the final product (hopefully) by the end of the month.

Hope this helps...
Dave

caningo

Developer-in-training
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Thank you so very much Dave for the quick and detailed reply. I will try to perform this procedure you have outlined here and give you some feedback once I finish. :p

Cheers :cheers: