Shuttle Fleet

Timbo

Reaction score
I search the forums first but found nothing that could help me. I downloaded Shuttle Fleet and the required addon. I have no idea how to use the GPC. The documentation had no instructions on how to actually use it. I am new to MFD's and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find some documentation on how to use this or a tutorial.

Thanks,

Tim

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
Some of GPC MFD pages are talked about in the manual.

OPS1 is Ascent
If you want to use the GPC autopilot for launch click OPS on the MDF, thentype 1 in the box that pops up. Then click ITEM, then type 777 to start the program.
To use the ascent traj screens without the autopilot just enter OPS 1 and launch manually or with some other autopilot. To advance to the next screen, click ITEM, and type 15 in the box.

OPS 6 is also used for ascent. It shows the MPS fuel levels and the combustion chamber pressures. It shows the OMS tank and chamber levels so you can also use it in orbit if you really want to.

OPS 2 in not implimented in V4.0.5. This is the on orbit control for the real shuttle Called Universal Pointing. You can get a separate addon by that name from Orbit hangar.

OPS 3 is reentry. This is discribed well in the manual. But basically you keep the shuttle between the outside-most lines. These should advance on there own but I think Item 15 works here too.

OPS 4 is for approach and landing. This is not discibed in the manual. This is the Horiz Sit display. This is a view of the shuttle and landing site from above. I don't now all of the data shown on this page but some of the key things are which landing site is selected (in the upper left part of page) and the main part in the center. The Landing site can be changed by clicking ITEM and typing 41 ENTER, then using the landing site table in the documentation, enter the number of the of the landing site. The MFD automaticly selects the primary runway. I'm not sure if you can select the other or not.

OPS 5 is not functional in V4.0.5.

And entering OPS 0 (zero) will take you to the main menu.

I hope all this helps. If you have any other questions, just ask them.

zerofay32

Last edited: