General Question Sightseeing planet earth

ceauke

Reaction score
Hi guys

Is there a list somewhere of all the runways/bases on earth in the default 2010 package?

I flew to Habana and found a base there. But Overberg is in the list of bases too but there's nothing when I arrived at the location.

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There is no such list, as far as I know. But [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6007"]this add-on[/ame] will add base tiles and runways (where it is realistic, not all of the actual bases have runways) to all the bases in the default Orbiter package.

ceauke

Reaction score
Thanks! That works like a charm.
I'm never building my own scenarios and I was reluctant to fly everywhere just to find out there's nothing. In the mean time I learned how to place my DG at specific locations which I can use to test the default bases easily.

I think the easiest to see what exactly is included in stock is to check config/earth/base
I even have to open the files as Overberg, for example, mentions the landing pad texture but has it as size 0 0 0.

My conclusion is that only the following bases will have something to see when you arrive there:
Cape Canaveral
Doberai
Habana

This is not enough for my flight testing so I'll definitely use the plugin that you suggested.:thumbup: