simple control panel

Robb Bates

Reaction score
I tried putting some of the ROT and LIN thrusters on the stick along with the main engines and aero surfaces. Doesn't work. Not sure why you can't assign the HAT switch to the ROT or LIN thrusters. I'm at work, so I can't try it.

But, I'm working on a simple yet elegant design of a 6DOF rotational and translational thruster controller that works rather well with the MJoy16. I'll post some info when I'm done with it... or close enough.

Robb

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ok, I need some help, I as in the pictures don't have access to my keyboard. I want to map my Thrusters to to the hat on the top left of the x52, and on the back hat on the throttle. Or better yet, Have translation also be on the stick with the Forward and back on the throttle. And FBW seems futile.

I can't Properly put the LIN with the hat buttons because they are buttons, and putting it on the stick just fires both the LIN and ROT thrusters.
You might be interested in this thread:
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=16218

Moach is creating a replacement for FBW, and it'll probably support things like that.

dnt462

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Yea, I saw that earlier, But haven't looked through the whole thread(yes I know its only Two pages, But I have finals this week and doing other things.

-EDIT-

Yes, once button to axis is implemented it should work ok.

Last edited:

Robb Bates

Reaction score
I can't Properly put the LIN with the hat buttons because they are buttons, and putting it on the stick just fires both the LIN and ROT thrusters.

Use the combined axis tab. That'll let you use individual buttons as an "axis".

Assign one button to the positive control and one to the negative control. I did that and it works well.

Robb

dnt462

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Oh, didn't look at that tab:embarrassed: