Updates SLS Updates

Pioneer

Reaction score
https://blogs.nasa.gov/artemis/2021/12/17/artemis-i-integrated-testing-update/

The text starts with this:
NASA’s Space Launch System (SLS) rocket and Orion spacecraft are undergoing integrated testing inside the Vehicle Assembly Building at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida to ensure they are “go” for launch of the Artemis I mission early next year.

but then:
reviewing launch opportunities in March and April

Any bets on a Summer launch? :rolleyes:
Next fall at this point

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
They need to swap engine controllers during a chip crisis. They won't launch before April 2032.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
https://blogs.nasa.gov/artemis/2021/12/17/artemis-i-integrated-testing-update/

The text starts with this:
NASA’s Space Launch System (SLS) rocket and Orion spacecraft are undergoing integrated testing inside the Vehicle Assembly Building at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida to ensure they are “go” for launch of the Artemis I mission early next year.

but then:
reviewing launch opportunities in March and April

Any bets on a Summer launch? :rolleyes:
Yup, likely. As I have witnessed numerous delays of the Webb Telescope, it is no wonder to me that the ambitious Artemis missions will be delayed like this too.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Heh. Summer would be H2 2022. A few years ago, on a different site, I was called a "troll" and "SpaceX fanboy" for suggesting it would delay until mid/late 2022.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
And the wet dress rehearsal isn't a foregone conclusion either. I'd reckon the odds of something cropping up where it will need to go back into the high bay isn't zero.
That was always the plan, roll out for the WDR, then roll back for final close-outs and the second part of FTS installation then a second roll out for launch countddown.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
The Space Launch System is no longer just an artwork we speculate on whether it will work or not. It is now a real rocket ready for wet dress rehearsal.
NHQ202203160002~orig.jpg